Contribute
Register

Asus X99 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi every one.
I finally manage to install Big Sur on this machine.
View attachment 502875
It took a lot of time.

The help of tonymacx86 @jin.artemis which gave me his EFI folder and @dragonsun252 from Win-Raid Forum which provided me with an nvram patched bios for my motherboard X99-a.

(WARNING- DANGEROUS STUFF AHEAD)

(USE AT YOUR OWN RISK)
Anyway for those of you willing to risk bricking your bios, I'm also attaching my X99-a Patched bios provided by dragonsun252, @jin-artemis EFI folder and a version of the patcher which can patch the bios automaticly but the resulting .CAP need to be manually edited and controlled by very experienced users. If you lack this knowledge please check the Win-Raid Forum (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK)

The installation failed a lot of times until I repeated the process from scratch formating the target drive as MACOS Extended (Journaled)

The installation was a mess and I feel the need of repeating the whole process again before being able to help anyone else.

I know this is not the right place for this argument since is not Catalina related, so... https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-x99-boards-big-sur-not-compatible.303335/

see you there people
Happy holidays.
@seevolas finally, I got my X99-A II patched bios on nvram and MSR2. So, how I can check whether it is working?
Moreover, any change in my oc config for this nvram patching? Seem, my catalina is running very smooth for this patched bios.

Hi Friends help me

My specs
Asus x99 a ii
I7 6800k
EVGA Nvidia gt 710

My x99 audio Alc 1150 not working, I applied
ssdt Alza to Hdef
DSDT patch Alza to Hdef
Alcid=1 2 3 7
But no result
I am using
OpenCore. 0.6.8
install Catalina 10.15.6 Successfull but audio not working

Hey guys, I need your help. After moving from clover (i followed KGP x99 guide with unlocking bios for my asus deluxe II msr and nvram) to opencore i have very smooth system without any problem except waking up from sleep mode.
the system waking up very slow,
when the monitor is turning on i see a message: "USB Accessories Disabled. Unplug the accessory using too much power to re-enable USB devices" and hackintosh continue works in slide show mode.

i have usb map from KGP guide for clover. It works on clover. And it works on opencore before sleep without any problem.

Asus deluxe II (unlocked bios msr nvream)
rx580

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
Hi every one.

Today I successfully updated my hackintosh to OpenCore 0.6.6.

My EFI folder works perfectly fine with Catalina and also with Big Sur.

Please note that my Mother board is an Asus X99-A (no X99A-ii, deluxe, WS, etc) And my CPU is an Intel I7 5820k.
Hi seevolas,

thanks for your effort will try your bios and your EFI Folder.
Oh and Should it work also with Catharina?

Cheers VIPer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back