Contribute
Register

Asus X99 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

And as long as I know: If you brick the bios you can not use ezflashback again. instead you need to physically remove a flash chip and use an usb device to flash a new firmware.

And as long as I know: If you brick the bios you can not use ezflashback again. instead you need to physically remove a flash chip and use an usb device to flash a new firmware.
Really danger to flash the mod bioso_O

I made this patch and did the check in open core
IMG_4773.jpeg

but nvram still doesn't work properly
I tried to remove the flash memory and flash it with a programmer - and the motherboard does not start, however, through the bios flashback I can flash firmware that is not signed
Снимок экрана 2020-12-29 в 19.29.49.png

so I'm another extremely new person to hackintoshing, I have made it through the Catalina os install via terminal, installed clover to the Bootloaders USB.. I tried to open config.plist in clover configurator, however the file is blank - that's okay however I don't know what I'm supposed to do from here. I'm having trouble locating kexts and figuring out the DSDT's - I don't know where to locate these and I've been googling for days. maybe you know some way of helping me on my journey?

I have a MacBook Pro mid 2012 running Catalina 10.15.7 (Real Mac).

wanting to run the same OS on:

Motherboard:
Asus x99-A

CPU:
Intel® Core™ i7-5820K Processor (15M Cache, up to 3.60 GHz) 6-core [Haswell E]

Ram:
X2 G.SKILL NT Series 4GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-2133C15S-4GNT
-
X6 Samsung DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133MHz 4GB

Video card:
Asus GTX 650 Ti boost 2gb

Harddrive:
500gb Sata HDD

I would include files or screen shots but I'm so green I'm not sure what to send to be more helpful.. BIOS settings have been changed following the vanilla guide. I can't seem to get further than this - I hope you can help!

Last edited:
so I'm another extremely new person to hackintoshing, I have made it through the Catalina os install via terminal, installed clover to the Bootloaders USB.. I tried to open config.plist in clover configurator, however the file is blank - that's okay however I don't know what I'm supposed to do from here. I'm having trouble locating kexts and figuring out the DSDT's - I don't know where to locate these and I've been googling for days. maybe you know some way of helping me on my journey?

I have a MacBook Pro mid 2012 running Catalina 10.15.7 (Real Mac).

wanting to run the same OS on:

Motherboard:
Asus x99-A

CPU:
Intel® Core™ i7-5820K Processor (15M Cache, up to 3.60 GHz) 6-core [Haswell E]

Ram:
X2 G.SKILL NT Series 4GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-2133C15S-4GNT
-
X6 Samsung DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133MHz 4GB

Video card:
Asus GTX 650 Ti boost 2gb

Harddrive:
500gb Sata HDD

I would include files or screen shots but I'm so green I'm not sure what to send to be more helpful.. BIOS settings have been changed following the vanilla guide. I can't seem to get further than this - I hope you can help!
You basically have my same machine except for the video card which is a Kepler GK106 (Not fully supported I guess).

I am using OpenCore not clover.

You can take my EFI folder as it is, and that should make most of the work, but if it fails you are going to need a different Video card.

Please also take a look here

And

You basically have my same machine except for the video card which is a Kepler GK106 (Not fully supported I guess).

I am using OpenCore not clover.

You can take my EFI folder as it is, and that should make most of the work, but if it fails you are going to need a different Video card.

Please also take a look here

And

Thank you. When using your EFI folder, is it just a copy/paste? Also.. i wanted to use opencore, just had trouble following guides (i think my macbook just doesn’t like reading plists?) so in my struggle i finally figured out clover (after installing two of the wrong kind of clover applications, not knowing there was a difference.) this being said what are the benefits and disadvantages of going opencore vs clover? And again - thank you again for your awesome dedication to this thread!

Thank you. When using your EFI folder, is it just a copy/paste? Also.. i wanted to use opencore, just had trouble following guides (i think my macbook just doesn’t like reading plists?) so in my struggle i finally figured out clover (after installing two of the wrong kind of clover applications, not knowing there was a difference.) this being said what are the benefits and disadvantages of going opencore vs clover? And again - thank you again for your awesome dedication to this thread!
Hi
Opencore is frequently updated and focuses on security.

and now easy steps to install catalina with opencore.

1 create your catalina usb installer.
2 mount the EFI partition using EFI mount.
3 copy my uncompressed EFI folder to your usb installer.
4 boot from usb.
5 choose install catalina
If the installer shows up, you are good to go.

if you have problems to Open config.plist try using propertree or installing Xcode.

You can watch technoli videos on YouTube for an easy guide on open core install.

Viel Glück

Hi

4 boot from usb.

if you have problems to Open config.plist try using propertree or installing Xcode.

You can watch technoli videos on YouTube for an easy guide on open core install.

Viel Glüc
Hi

4 boot from usb.

Viel Glück
I wanted to let you know that your EFI folder does work for me and my video card, however the top menu bar is a pinch out of my resolution.

i just wanted to come back to let you and others know.

(I am using a crummy hdmi tv)

hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Last edited:
Upon restarting the password i set does not work. I am told it is incorrect (i am 100% typing it correctly)

Upon restarting the password i set does not work. I am told it is incorrect (i am 100% typing it correctly)
Maybe you typed it wrong the first time during setup. It can happen that the keyboard layout varies from setup to working system.

Try inserting the same password with different typos.

Also check that your keyboard is set properly for your language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back