Contribute
Register

Asus X99 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@seevolas Many thanks for all your posts in this thread. I managed to install Catalina today. :)
This post below was very important in getting me through to the Installer. I also used @seevolas' EFI folder.

Most things seem to be working quite well. I need to work on Sleep and also default Boot device/Start up disk.
Also need to check USB mapping - Maybe I can use my same map that I developed under KGP's guide?
Sure! KGP´s Usb mapping works very well.
Drop your (USBMAPKEXT).kext in EFI/OC/Kexts.
Add it to your config.plist Root/Kernel/Add.
And lastly set Root/Kernel/Quirks/XhciPortLimit to "False"-"No"

Have fun.

@seevolas and @hellowe, please would you explain a bit more about "removing the security key"
In order to Boot your machine in "windows UEFI mode" with an operative system different than windows, You need to:
Boot into Bios.
Advanced view.
Boot Menu/ Secure Boot/ OS Type Windows UEFI Mode.
And then...
Boot Menu/ Secure Boot/ Key Management/ Clear Secure Boot keys.

Pages 64 to 66.

Note that this step is recommended by OpenCore developers but not (always)necessary.

It's a Quality Of Life thing.
Meaning you can dual boot without changing bios sittings every time.

Have fun.

Anyone will plan to upgrade to Big Sur?;)

Anyone will plan to upgrade to Big Sur?;)
Hi @hellowe, No luck with Big Sur. I tried and fail as described in this guide: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...r/#cannot-update-to-newer-versions-of-big-sur.

We need to wait for a NVram patch - or Install and export from a second machine - or use a cloned system.

In the meantime I updated my EFI to the newest Opencore release 0.6.4 and added SSDT-RTC0-RANGE-HEDT.aml and SSDT-UNC.aml. Feel free to take a look at it.

Have fun.

Attachments

• EFI 0.6.4.zip
    59.8 MB · Views: 116
does nvram work for you? when setting the value
Code:
sudo nvram myvar = 1
after reboot it disappears

Hi @hellowe, No luck with Big Sur. I tried and fail as described in this guide: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...r/#cannot-update-to-newer-versions-of-big-sur.

We need to wait for a NVram patch - or Install and export from a second machine - or use a cloned system.

In the meantime I updated my EFI to the newest Opencore release 0.6.4 and added SSDT-RTC0-RANGE-HEDT.aml and SSDT-UNC.aml. Feel free to take a look at it.

Have fun.
@seevolas you try to upgrade your Catalina or new installation?

Hi all,

I'm trying to do a fresh install of 10.15.7 with open core on my Asus x99a-ii, but no matter what I change I get stuck in a screen with the console and a message that the installer can't continue. In the error logs the only notable thing is an app termination due to 'NSRangeException'. I'm including the Efi folder and a screenshot of the installer log, any help would be highly appreciated.

I use a 64gb stick for the installer, have disabled in bios all other hdds apart from an empty one.

You might notice there are quite a few ssdts there, these are the ones I use in my successful 10.15.2 build, I tried with and without them, leading always to the same result so I don't think the issue is there.

I tried all variants of CSM and secure boot, no change.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2525.JPG
    IMG_2525.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back