Contribute
Register

Asus X99 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing, I did both of them (created aml from windows and so) and still reaches 3,5ghz (0,3ghz more). I changed smbios to macpro7,1 to test it, but I cant reach 4,3ghz. I think its because of performance patch and patches in config :(

Attachments

• OC 0.5.9 X99-A II 2.zip
    58 MB · Views: 328
Nothing, I did both of them (created aml from windows and so) and still reaches 3,5ghz (0,3ghz more). I changed smbios to macpro7,1 to test it, but I cant reach 4,3ghz. I think its because of performance patch and patches in config :(
Sorry, not much can help!!. But, if you get the answer, please help to share at this thread!!

Hi @seevolas I also added the IRQ patch as well as the USB mapper, and it seem it is running very smooth.
Here is my final EFI and my config is as below that can be used by other people.

ASUS X99-A II, E5-2690 v3, 128G memory, RX580 display

Thanks to your advice and HELP!!!
your efi folder like a charm for me on catalina to boot perfectly

your efi folder like a charm for me on catalina to boot perfectly
Good!! But, your GTI 1080ti can be worked? I think you also need to create your own SSDT files

I tried to replace the ssdts of seevolas for my x99 deluxe ii. I generated the ec, plug and hedt using ssdttime. When I use Those, though the System does not boot. Perhaps gotta use maciasl? What strikes me most is that only my usb 3.1 is found . Xhci and ehci handoff enabled in bios just fine.

Attachments

• 5431D841-1AB5-476C-AE63-BEBA71A030E6.jpeg
    5431D841-1AB5-476C-AE63-BEBA71A030E6.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 66
Quick update, for reference. I use a high-end audio interface and always had glitch/buffer underruns issues with Clover, and it was the case with OpenCore too. Today I found out I was missing the SSDT-USBX.aml . All glitches are gone now, the interface works perfectly, so it was an USB power issue.
More information here: https://dortania.github.io/USB-Map-Guide/misc/power.html

Cheers.

I have got a strange problem on my logitech webcam.

I have a Logitech Brio webcam, and it can be used at Mojave, even, I have upgraded to Catalina for a while.

Yesterday, I found out my webcam cannot be used, it seem my X99 can see it is connected to USB3 port, but, no video at all.

However, when I change to connect to USB2 port, no problem. But, it seem it is not working when I connect to any USB3 port.

From the Brio document, it can support on USB3 port, but, I just wonder why it is not working at USB3 port suddenly.

Thanks,

@hellowe : In the BIOS settings, make sure the USB 3.1 power/charge mode is enabled! This did fix a lot of issues I had with my audio interface. Also make sure you have SSDT-USBX.aml.

Hey everyone!

Apple just issued Catalina update 10.15.6, I haven't updated yet, anybody did?

Cheers!

I just do it with the default procedure. Wait for 30min, then finish.
No problem at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back