Contribute
Register

Asus X99 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well:

IRQ Patch: Is the equivalent of hot-patches in Clover, We use SSDTTime on a windows OS in the same machine.
Option 1 FixHPET. This generates an SSDT and a text file with the ACPI patches you need to add to Root/ACPI/Patches in your configplist.
You may or not notice any changes on your daily use of the system, but chances are it´s going to be more stable.

USB Mapping Well .... Read this: https://dortania.github.io/USB-Map-Guide/
If by the end of the prologue you are still not convinced, you can print yourself a T shirt with: Tough Guys don´t give two schnitzels about USB Map.

Have fun.
Hi @seevolas I also added the IRQ patch as well as the USB mapper, and it seem it is running very smooth.
Here is my final EFI and my config is as below that can be used by other people.

ASUS X99-A II, E5-2690 v3, 128G memory, RX580 display

Thanks to your advice and HELP!!!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    60.4 MB · Views: 316
Hello,

I‘ve been Running an X99 Hack under clover for quite some time. It‘s far from perfect and uses nullcpupowermanagement. It is still running Mojave.

Config:
-Asus X99-Deluxe II, bios CFG Lock patched
- i7 5960k
- AMD GPU
- 64 GB RAM
- Nvme Ssd 970 evo

In an attempt to upgrade to Catalina I tried the opencore config of Seevolas, Post #143. I used the efi folder unaltered. Only thing I changed was the imac 14,2 system definition I used previously. Trying to boot up Mojave the System hangs. I attached a Screenshot. Perhaps it is obvious what causes this.

EDIT: I got the system up and running now. I reverted to an older efi folder as used by someone with the same mainboard. I still got a lot of testing and tinkering to do. USB is a mess - just like before. That‘s probably the most important issue on my agenda. And I really do need the onboard bluetooth and wlan...

Attachments

• 35B127E2-2815-4B6F-8AEA-CFB00C0ED8E4.jpeg
    35B127E2-2815-4B6F-8AEA-CFB00C0ED8E4.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
can you friendz help me to install mac os x catalina,my system specification is, processore core i7 5820k, mobo-Gigabyte x99ud4, gpu nvidia msi 1080ti,ram 16 gb,samsung 850 evo ssd 256 gb

Working on updating from Mojave to Catalina. Ran into some issue and will post that in a bit but I wanted to drop this here for anyone who needs to unlock their BIOS. Or if you have a specific bios you need to be unlocked let me know (I can also preset settings need for your Hackintosh).
how it woks

can you friendz help me to install mac os x catalina,my system specification is, processore core i7 5820k, mobo-Gigabyte x99ud4, gpu nvidia msi 1080ti,ram 16 gb,samsung 850 evo ssd 256 gb
HI! your config wont work in catalina. Catalina doesnt work with your nvidia card, you have to change to amd or stay in mojave.

Make a new installer and try this EFI
Hi @seevolas !! Im working ok in 10.15.5 with my clover config. But I want to work with opencore. Ive tried your OC EFI and many others from this post but I cant boot. I think its because im using i7 6900k (broadwell). I've ridden opencore guide but im so confused. Maybe you can help me to generate a config.plist for OC based on my Clover config.plist, with kext and patches for overclock, fakecpuid, because I've tried to do it and nothing worked.

I upload my clover config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    19 KB · Views: 111
Hi @seevolas !! Im working ok in 10.15.5 with my clover config. But I want to work with opencore. Ive tried your OC EFI and many others from this post but I cant boot. I think its because im using i7 6900k (broadwell). I've ridden opencore guide but im so confused. Maybe you can help me to generate a config.plist for OC based on my Clover config.plist, with kext and patches for overclock, fakecpuid, because I've tried to do it and nothing worked.

I upload my clover config.plist
@alexmenn you have the similar the config. to me, and you may try the below EFI . I have changed the CPUID1DATA for Broadwell, see whether you can boot up.

Suggest to have a clean Catalina image at the USB boot drive and copy the EFI files on it.. Then try whether you can boot up, before that, please remember to cleannvram firstly.

Good luck

Attachments

• OC 0.5.9 X99-A II.zip
    55.3 MB · Views: 187
@alexmenn you have the similar the config. to me, and you may try the below EFI . I have changed the CPUID1DATA for Broadwell, see whether you can boot up.

Suggest to have a clean Catalina image at the USB boot drive and copy the EFI files on it.. Then try whether you can boot up, before that, please remember to cleannvram firstly.

Good luck
Hi hellowe! Yes, I can boot with your EFI, I could do it yesterday, sorry. But my geekbench score sucks, I think its because of the performance patches and so. Because of that I uploaded my clover EFI, because when I touched something in your EFI (patches and so), I cant boot.

To clean nvram, I have to select cleannvram in boot screen right? Opencore is new for me.

EDIT:
My Overclock is in 4,3ghz, so, with your EFI, my setup reaches 4,3ghz sometimes while geekbench is running, but instead of get 8400 points (clover EFI), I just get 5400 (opencore EFI).

I discovered the problem is in stock frequency. It stays at 3,2ghz (base stock), and can't reach 4,3ghz in stable mode. Maybe a problem with SSDT or something¿?

Last edited:

Good luck
Hi hellowe! Yes, I can boot with your EFI, I could do it yesterday, sorry. But my geekbench score sucks, I think its because of the performance patches and so. Because of that I uploaded my clover EFI, because when I touched something in your EFI (patches and so), I cant boot.

To clean nvram, I have to select cleannvram in boot screen right? Opencore is new for me.

EDIT:
My Overclock is in 4,3ghz, so, with your EFI, my setup reaches 4,3ghz sometimes while geekbench is running, but instead of get 8400 points (clover EFI), I just get 5400 (opencore EFI).

I discovered the problem is in stock frequency. It stays at 3,2ghz (base stock), and can't reach 4,3ghz in stable mode. Maybe a problem with SSDT or something¿?

EDIT:

@alexmenn I am also new to opencore, and thanks for @seevolas help. For the overclocking stuff, I think you may create your own SSDT:

Also, try to follow the below link for the PowerManagement as well:

Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back