Contribute
Register

Asus X99 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, I am running 10.14.6 on my Asus X99-A with RX580 and I based on KGP guide to make it. If I want to upgrade to Catalina, what is the best way to upgrade from my existing Mojave version to Catalina?

Hi, since we have similar specs, I hope my EFI folder works for you. I'm on 10.15.2
Thanks a ton for the EFI folder you uploaded! It works on my Asus X99-A + i7-5820k + MSI RX580 4G OC + 10.15.3

Yes, My 3.0Ghz CPU I am constant OC to 4.2 in 10 core. Package temp on full load getting 67C.

Hey bro
You still have a 100% functioning system
x99 i7 6950x in 10.15.3 ?

Can you share a full efi folder with me?

For some reason I did not find any information about this platform for 10.15

Hey bro
You still have a 100% functioning system
x99 i7 6950x in 10.15.3 ?

Can you share a full efi folder with me?

For some reason I did not find any information about this platform for 10.15
EFI attached as you requested

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.9 MB · Views: 346
I have an Asus Rampage V Extreme and a 5820k and I've been trying to install 10.15.3. Does anyone have a working EFI that can assist? Please and thank you :)

@shantonu I tried your EFI and got it to start boot. I have my BIOS patched as described in other posts. But my USB ports are shutting off causing the forbidden sign to come up mid boot... did you ever encounter this?

I was able to get up and running with Clover 5103 and I got everything going except my NVME Samsung 970 1TB hard drive. The drive is no longer orange, but the system profile calls it a "Generic SSD Controller", anyone have any ideas or direction for me to start going down? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

My setup is as follows:
ASUS X99-M WS
Xeon 12 core 2.2GHz Haswell E5-2670v3
Radeon 5700XT
32GB RAM

Last edited:
Tried and failed miserably. After restart clover does not list the option to install the update. I´m still scratching my head

Ok. Updated to 10.15.3 Using a different definition and EFI folder borrowed from user (mangoicetea) Thank you very much, and upgrading - changing some kext for my MB. Remember to generate a Custom UUID, serial number, board serial SmUUID And rom. Hope this help someone. Have fun.

Are you sure the power management works for you? I tried your config and the cpu was on maximum frequency all the time. I have the same cpu as you.

of course !

Hi everyone I used the EFI that you shared (from joistik) since I have got the same motherboard although I get the following error message when booting.

I have an Asus x99 a ii so in theory the EFI should be fine.

Please advise if anyone has seen this before.

Attachments

• clover message.jpg
    clover message.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 78
Hey guys! I upgraded my 5820k to a 6950x with everything else in my system being the same. I was already using the EFI from @shantonu and it worked fine for the 5820k but all I'm seeing is "++++++" now with the 6950x. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back