AMD RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac, Xserve
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
My system is nearly perfect, except for the CPU running low
Very nice - how do you find your system in responsiveness with that CPU? I elected for an E5-2697v3 QS because I thought something in the lower GHz range might impact my browsing, etc. but I am interested if you notice any slowdown in regular use vs. the advantage of your many cores.

Motherboard
ASrock X99M Killer
CPU
E5-2675v3
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Very nice - how do you find your system in responsiveness with that CPU? I elected for an E5-2697v3 QS because I thought something in the lower GHz range might impact my browsing, etc. but I am interested if you notice any slowdown in regular use vs. the advantage of your many cores.
There is a problem with my multi-core CPU configuration, but I don't know what the reason is. Mine has 16 cores and 32 threads.

Motherboard
Asus X99-M WS
CPU
E5-2630V4
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
I'm unable to get Catalina installer to boot on my machine. I'm wary of bricking my desktop so I'm trying to get Catalina installer USB to a bootable state and then copy the EFI from that to my desktop for the upgrade, but it just won't complete booting. It gets to a step where it tries to load IONVME something or other and just doesn't progress beyond that. Attached is my EFI folder. Can anyone help?

Motherboard
ASUS X99 Pro USB 3.1
CPU
i7-6800K
Graphics
RX480+HD5750
I had to add a file called SSDT-EC.aml to my patched folder. I also could not install completely until I unplugged my Displayport and installed with HDMI. Good Luck! Also, I looked at your EFI, and it seems O.K. Although I know little, but it seems you don't use a DSDT? I know they are not always necessary, just commenting.

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus Rampage V Extreme
CPU
i7-6950X
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Replace with this attached 1.3.4 version Whatevergreen if you come across no display with 10.15.1 Catalina update.

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus X99-M WS
CPU
E5-2630V4
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
@jmacie that seems to have done it, thank you, do you know what the purpose is?

Motherboard
ASUS X99 Pro USB 3.1
CPU
i7-6800K
Graphics
RX480+HD5750
@jmacie that seems to have done it, thank you, do you know what the purpose is?
Honestly, no. I would ask but as long as it works I'll just wait to figure it out as I go. I still have some other different glitches and I'll let you know when I do find out. I try to save the important questions for when I really need help and try to figure out as much as I can by chance and research. I got lambasted for questions a few times so, haha maybe someone will read these posts and let us know!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99 Designare V1
CPU
i7-6850
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Please help.

Mine: GA-X99 Designare V1
AMD 5700XT
I follow all the guides and,.
I can boot up to install screen, and it get stuck.
The mouse is unusable, it's the white square, and I have to use Tab + Spacebar to choose/next.
But then, go to the Choose destination disk, I can't do anymore, mouse still moving but all can't be select (please see the attachment).
Any help will be MUCH appreciated deeply.
I've spend 7 days up to now, get no any better.

Attachments