Identifier String <-> com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily

Limit Number <-> 0

Mask Data <->

MaxKernel String <->

MinKernel String <->

Replace String <-> 483D0000 0080

ReplaceMask Data<->

Skip Number <-> 0

I'm hitting the following error while trying to boot OpenCore 0.6.0... OpenCore EFI attached and DSDT.aml dump from clover attached... System is booting 10.15.3 with clover (followed kgp's guide). OpenCore EFI generated using instructions from https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ with a few tweaks I found related to devirtualize MMIO and NVRAM.

Verified CFG-LOCK disabled in patched BIOS via opencore CFG-LOCK check tool.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 482971

Last edited:
Updated to Opencore 0.6.0 with no noticeable major changes. Everything is working as usual.

Attachments

• OC 0.6.0 X99-a 5820k OSX 10.15.6.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 173
hi
please share!
Hi RooteDady,

I am wondering if you get your Asus X99 Deluxe II working on Catalina? If so , do you mind sharing your EFI?
I've been struggling with mine X99 Deluxe ... I got it working up till Mojave, but can't boot for Catalina :(

Thanks!

Hi. New Update.

OC 0.6.2
OSX 10.15.7
Bios 4101

Please note that since I also updated my bios without unlocking Msrs, I have now AppleXcpmCfgLock and AppleXcpmExtraCfgLock set to True in kernel Quirks.

OpenCanopy resources folder is empty.
Please add your own System Serial and UUID in Platform- Generic.
Remember to clean unused Tools.

As usual, everything is running smooth.

Attachments

• OC 0.6.2 X99-a 5820k OSX 10.15.7.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Hi. New Update.

OC 0.6.2
OSX 10.15.7
Hi, I downloaded your image and added the Platform generated data, also marked a few parameters, as indicated in the description (documentation opencore)
but when loading i get error:
in memory panic stackshot succeeded ** bytes traced
IMG_4629.jpeg

Can you tell me how to fix this error?
--
Asus x99-e-10g WS
CPU e5 2603v3
MSI RX560
Install Catalina 10.15.7

Hi, I downloaded your image and added the Platform generated data, also marked a few parameters, as indicated in the description (documentation opencore)
View attachment 491379

--
Asus x99-e-10g WS
CPU e5 2603v3
MSI RX560
Install Catalina 10.15.7
You should check @hellowe ´s build. He is also running a xeon hackintosh. Maybe reading his post will give you a better chance to find out what your problem is.

View attachment 491379

--
Asus x99-e-10g WS
CPU e5 2603v3
MSI RX560
Install Catalina 10.15.7
You may try to use my EFI image to test

@seevolas Many thanks for all your posts in this thread. I managed to install Catalina today. :)
This post below was very important in getting me through to the Installer. I also used @seevolas' EFI folder.
DevirtualiseMmio: YES
  • Reduces Stolen Memory Footprint, expands options for slide=N values and generally useful especially on HEDT and Xeon systems
  • AppleCpuPmCfgLock: YES
    • Only needed when CFG-Lock can't be disabled in BIOS, Clover counterpart would be AppleIntelCPUPM. Please verify you can disable CFG-Lock, most systems won't boot with it on so requiring use of this quirk
  • AppleXcpmCfgLock: YES
    • Only needed when CFG-Lock can't be disabled in BIOS, Clover counterpart would be KernelPM. Please verify you can disable CFG-Lock, most systems won't boot with it on so requiring use of this quirk
  • AppleXcpmExtraMsrs: YES
    • Disables multiple MSR access needed for unsupported CPUs like Pentiums and many Xeons. Required for Broadwell-E and lower

IncreasePciBarSize: NO
  • Increases 32-bit PCI bar size in IOPCIFamily from 1 to 4 GB, enabling Above4GDecoding in the BIOS is a much cleaner and safer approach. Some X99 boards may require this, you'll generally experience a kernel panic on IOPCIFamily if you need this. Note this shouldn't be needed on Mojave and newer
Most things seem to be working quite well. I need to work on Sleep and also default Boot device/Start up disk.
Also need to check USB mapping - Maybe I can use my same map that I developed under KGP's guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back