Contribute
Register

Asus X99 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.. Update time
My build: Asus X99-a Intel i7 5820k 16 gb ddr4 3200 asus strix vega 56.

What´s new: Latest 10.15.4 security update 10 april 2020 and OpenCore 0.5.7

My bios is Patched following kgp guide for cpu microcode update and MSR 0xE2 register unlock for OSX Kernel Write.
KPG guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...o-x99-successful-build-extended-guide.227001/

BIOS configuration

1586529595645.png

Same as kpg guide. (No need of windows uefi secure boot mode).

I used SSDT Time Under windows to generate my patched SSDT aml´s.: SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-HPET.aml and SSDT-PLUG.aml. Just like described at the OpenCore Vanilla Guide
https://khronokernel.github.io/Opencore-Vanilla-Desktop-Guide/

Basic drivers : ApfsDriverLoader.efi, HFSPlus.efi, OpenRuntime.efi

Basic kexts: Lilu.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, WhateverGreen.kext, VirtualSMC.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext SMCProcessor.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext USBInjectAll.kext
Also AppleALC.kext Injecting audio with alcid=1 boot flag.
Remember to compile your SMBIOS info using GenSMBIOS-master on the platform info section of config.plist And Your prev-lang:kbd NVRAM. Mine is set to 3 german keyboard layout.

I cleaned my config.plist a lot but still, there is much I have to learn and try. And it takes time. A LOTTTT of it.

My USB ports a not mapped jet. But you know, one step at a time.

Feel free to take a look at my EFI folder and give advice if I am missing
something.

Again, Thank you very much to everyone making Hackintosh possible.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    57.3 MB · Views: 348
Last edited:
So.. Update time
My build: Asus X99-a Intel i7 5820k 16 gb ddr4 3200 asus strix vega 56.

What´s new: Latest 10.15.4 security update 10 april 2020 and OpenCore 0.5.7

My bios is Patched following kgp guide for cpu microcode update and MSR 0xE2 register unlock for OSX Kernel Write.
KPG guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...o-x99-successful-build-extended-guide.227001/

BIOS configuration

View attachment 460981

Same as kpg guide. (No need of windows uefi secure boot mode).

I used SSDT Time Under windows to generate my patched SSDT aml´s.: SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-HPET.aml and SSDT-PLUG.aml. Just like described at the OpenCore Vanilla Guide
https://khronokernel.github.io/Opencore-Vanilla-Desktop-Guide/

Basic drivers : ApfsDriverLoader.efi, HFSPlus.efi, OpenRuntime.efi

Basic kexts: Lilu.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, WhateverGreen.kext, VirtualSMC.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext SMCProcessor.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext USBInjectAll.kext
Also AppleALC.kext Injecting audio with alcid=1 boot flag.
Remember to compile your SMBIOS info using GenSMBIOS-master on the platform info section of config.plist And Your prev-lang:kbd NVRAM. Mine is set to 3 german keyboard layout.

I cleaned my config.plist a lot but still, there is much I have to learn and try. And it takes time. A LOTTTT of it.

My USB ports a not mapped jet. But you know, one step at a time.

Feel free to take a look at my EFI folder and give advice if I am missing
something.

Again, Thank you very much to everyone making Hackintosh possible.
Hi @seevolas , I am happy to know you are using Asus X99-A which is same to me, and I am also looking or the safe way to upgrade my system from Mojave to Catalina.

I will wait for your completion on the Catalina installation :).

Hi @seevolas , I am happy to know you are using Asus X99-A which is same to me, and I am also looking or the safe way to upgrade my system from Mojave to Catalina.

I will wait for your completion on the Catalina installation :).

Hi. My Catalina EFI Is working great after a week. I use it every day as my main operative system.
Mostly for music practice and production using Presonus studio one 4, waves plugins amongst others.
So you can grab my EFI and try it.

Of course, there is no such a thing like surety in Hackintosh.

I personally have 4 different drives on my machine:
1 Windows
2 data drive
3 high Sierra
And 4 Catalina.
And just to be sure, I have a second machine, Asus p6t with High Sierra installed.

Late today, I'm gonna upload a second EFI with OpenCore debug on it, and some personal tweaks dissabled for you to experiment. But at least consider using a second drive for your new installation.

Hi. My Catalina EFI Is working great after a week. I use it every day as my main operative system.
Mostly for music practice and production using Presonus studio one 4, waves plugins amongst others.
So you can grab my EFI and try it.

Of course, there is no such a thing like surety in Hackintosh.

I personally have 4 different drives on my machine:
1 Windows
2 data drive
3 high Sierra
And 4 Catalina.
And just to be sure, I have a second machine, Asus p6t with High Sierra installed.

Late today, I'm gonna upload a second EFI with OpenCore debug on it, and some personal tweaks dissabled for you to experiment. But at least consider using a second drive for your new installation.

Thx, and will plan for the installation. Btw, your Catalina is a new installation or upgrade from existing version?

Thx, and will plan for the installation. Btw, your Catalina is a new installation or upgrade from existing version?
It's a fresh install. On a new drive.
100% OpenCore, no clover on it.
Don't upgrade from clover to opencore unless you know what your doing.
Before even start, read twice the vanilla OpenCore guide.

And please, don't just drop my EFI on an usb drive and wait for it to work.
You have a xeon CPU. And I read on discord forums that it's not that easy to make it work properly.

Last edited:
Modified EFI folder for X99-A. Hallowe.
Note:
For your build you need to generate your own SSDT´s.
Mine are in the acpi folder but you need to compile yours for your machine.
follow this guide: https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/

After that, you have to configure config.plist for your machine.
Follow this guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/

I left Kernel/emulate blanc for you to to chose the right one for your cpu (E5 2675v3 which I can not find in intel arc)

If everything works and you manage to install Catalina, Your next job is to configure Platforminfo and map your usb ports. But that is another adventure :D.

Have fun and let us all know.

Attachments

• OpenCore-0.5.7-DEBUG.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 144
Modified EFI folder for X99-A. Hallowe.
Note:
For your build you need to generate your own SSDT´s.
Mine are in the acpi folder but you need to compile yours for your machine.
follow this guide: https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/

After that, you have to configure config.plist for your machine.
Follow this guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/

I left Kernel/emulate blanc for you to to chose the right one for your cpu (E5 2675v3 which I can not find in intel arc)

If everything works and you manage to install Catalina, Your next job is to configure Platforminfo and map your usb ports. But that is another adventure :D.

Have fun and let us all know.
Thanks @seevolas for your advice and effort, and I will try to plan to install a new SSD firstly

Has anyone who's had the power management problems figured it out? I'm idling at max frequency, selecting kernelxcpm doesn't make any difference either. Didn't have this problem with Mojave, struggling to figure it out!

Sabertooth

I had to delete kernelxcpm and generate/plugintype to get speed stepping to work. And that killed overclocking going from Mohave to Catalina.

I had to delete kernelxcpm and generate/plugintype to get speed stepping to work. And that killed overclocking going from Mohave to Catalina.
Hi.
Please upload your EFI folder
Write down your Bios settings and patches.
And update your tonysmac profile to make it easier to understand what your gear is.
See you later.

Hi.
Please upload your EFI folder
Write down your Bios settings and patches.
And update your tonysmac profile to make it easier to understand what your gear is.
See you later.

BIOS settings are the optimized defaults with Virtual tech enabled. I just built a fresh UEFI from Multibeast for Mac Pro late 2013. KEXTs are AHCI_3rdParty_SATA, IntelMausiEthernet, Lilu, RealtekRTL8111, SMC*, WhateverGreen.

Attachments

• config.sanitized.plist.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back