Contribute
Register

ASUS X99 Boards - Big Sur (Not Compatible)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jin.artemis I am so happy to see your post. We have the same MB. I've tried patching my BIOS using instructions from all over the net but can't seem to make it work. USB BIOS Flashback just rejects all the patched BIOS I make. If it's ok with you, can you share your patched BIOS? I would truly appreciate it and thanks in advance! Please disregard. I'm an idiot lol. The USB thumb drive which I have been using for flashback for years seem to be misbehaving now. I suddenly remembered an older post somewhere suggesting using a different thumb drive. So, after I used a different thumb drive, flashback finally worked with my patched BIOS.

Last edited:
Hi there, anyone will try to upgrade x99 from Big Sur to Monterey? Not sure whether it is worth to upgrade my ASUS X99-II to the new macOS.

I have done a clean install of Monterey B10 (OC 0.7.4) then upgraded to 12.0.1 (21A559) on my R5E10 and I am sticking with it for now. One thing you should know is that the I211 does not currently work in Monterey. SmallTreeIntel82576 needs to be patched to make it work again post Big Sur. Not sure if you have that NIC on your X99 but that's one thing to keep in mind if you do, and you don't have dual NICs with the 2nd one being other than an I211. On my R5E10, I have dual and my other NIC is an I218 which works fine with Monterey. Other than that, no major issues at least in my case.

I have done a clean install of Monterey B10 (OC 0.7.4) then upgraded to 12.0.1 (21A559) on my R5E10 and I am sticking with it for now. One thing you should know is that the I211 does not currently work in Monterey. SmallTreeIntel82576 needs to be patched to make it work again post Big Sur. Not sure if you have that NIC on your X99 but that's one thing to keep in mind if you do, and you don't have dual NICs with the 2nd one being other than an I211. On my R5E10, I have dual and my other NIC is an I218 which works fine with Monterey. Other than that, n;(o major issues at least in my case.
That's great. But is it possible to perform in-place upgrade from Big Sur to Monterey? Too much data at my current Big Sur system :(

@hellowe I have read other people do it, but I personally wouldn't do it. If I was in your place, I would clean install on a separate SSD and test any functionality I need, then move all my data over once I am satisfied. It's the longer route but since we have hackintoshes, I'd rather be safe than sorry and lose all my data. I have a real Mac mini and that one is not even behaving properly after I upgraded to Monterey lol...

@hellowe I have read other people do it, but I personally wouldn't do it. If I was in your place, I would clean install on a separate SSD and test any functionality I need, then move all my data over once I am satisfied. It's the longer route but since we have hackintoshes, I'd rather be safe than sorry and lose all my data. I have a real Mac mini and that one is not even behaving properly after I upgraded to Monterey lol...
@xsiborg definitely agree your suggestion, and I think I will take your approach to test it firstly.:headbang:

Hi all

I got my X99 Asus deluxe II with a 6950x 64gb RAM, RX Vega 64 LC, NVMe boot drive all working with full DSDT and SSDT implementation. Everything works including thunderbolt hot swap SSDT workaround that was used by KGP on previous built. With this EFI a lot of the KGP X99 SSDTs can be used. Like the Vega 64 and the thunderbolt PCIe card for example.

My motherboard has a modified bios the register and nvram unlocked.

One thing though is that I cannot update to 11.6. It goes through the whole install and then once it boots back up into the OS i get the "some updates could not be installed" notification and I'm stuck at 11.2.3

I've got my USB ports mapped with a Kext and USBlimit set to false in the config file... Any idea how I could get the update working?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 3.09.15 pm.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 3.09.15 pm.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 3.09.26 pm.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 3.09.26 pm.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 59
Hi all

I got my X99 Asus deluxe II with a 6950x 64gb RAM, RX Vega 64 LC, NVMe boot drive all working with full DSDT and SSDT implementation. Everything works including thunderbolt hot swap SSDT workaround that was used by KGP on previous built. With this EFI a lot of the KGP X99 SSDTs can be used. Like the Vega 64 and the thunderbolt PCIe card for example.

My motherboard has a modified bios the register and nvram unlocked.

One thing though is that I cannot update to 11.6. It goes through the whole install and then once it boots back up into the OS i get the "some updates could not be installed" notification and I'm stuck at 11.2.3

I've got my USB ports mapped with a Kext and USBlimit set to false in the config file... Any idea how I could get the update working?
Managed to fix the issues. USB mapping was the problem. Re did my usb map and then could update to 11.6.1 no problem

Managed to fix the issues. USB mapping was the problem. Re did my usb map and then could update to 11.6.1 no problem

:rolleyes: Christmas in the making: :clap:

Here is my EFI working 100% on BigSur and Monterey my CPU its a Xeon e5 2696v4 you have to do nothing maybe don't know but I will advice to try it first it has a coustome DSDT for my system since we have the same vega I dont see any reason not to work, also serial and MLB has to input your self one cause mine its private also on bootFlags dont touch anything untill you try it first and when you at the PICKER screen hit the button to clear NVRAM twice then do what you need it to do. Now if anything works well for you I need a trade in return, and that its the 2101 bios mod of yours also does it has the latest microcode for XEONS that you know of, enjoy and thanks if you decide to share the mod bios. That is OpenCore 0.7.6 BootLoader enjoy.

:rolleyes: Christmas in the making: :clap:

Here is my EFI working 100% on BigSur and Monterey my CPU its a Xeon e5 2696v4 you have to do nothing maybe don't know but I will advice to try it first it has a coustome DSDT for my system since we have the same vega I dont see any reason not to work, also serial and MLB has to input your self one cause mine its private also on bootFlags dont touch anything untill you try it first and when you at the PICKER screen hit the button to clear NVRAM twice then do what you need it to do. Now if anything works well for you I need a trade in return, and that its the 2101 bios mod of yours also does it has the latest microcode for XEONS that you know of, enjoy and thanks if you decide to share the mod bios. That is OpenCore 0.7.6 BootLoader enjoy.
shouldn't use a DSDT.aml in opencore, also shouldn't be using a DSDT from another motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back