Contribute
Register

ASUS X99 Boards - Big Sur (Not Compatible)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @d8833051 : could you please share your efi folder? I don't see the link. I have an MSI X99S MPower with Catalina/Clover that works without problems, but Big Sur/Opencore doesn't start.
Thank's
Here you are!
Please note that the PlatformInfo has been removed.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 146
Hi @d8833051 : could you please share your efi folder? I don't see the link. I have an MSI X99S MPower with Catalina/Clover that works without problems, but Big Sur/Opencore doesn't start.
Thank's
Hi @m1fun3 , does the EFI go well on your system?

Hi @d8833051, the EFI works fine thanks, but I have the same error of @Coquin.
The installation works normally until there is 13 minutes left. Then it stops and I get this message:"An error loading the update"
I tried re-download iso but nothing change. I tried to install with/without internet connection but same error.
I'm installing on a new ssd with AFPS format.

I have attach the log of install. At row 117 there is the error:

Operation queue failed with error: Error Domain=com.apple.OSInstallerSetup.error Code=1004 "An error occurred loading the update." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred loading the update., NSUnderlyingError=0x7f9db6d271d0 {Error Domain=SZExtractorErrorDomain Code=2 "CRC mismatch; got: 0x9d651f18 expected: 0x4f7ae5e0 for file AssetData/payloadv2/payload.015" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=CRC mismatch; got: 0x9d651f18 expected: 0x4f7ae5e0 for file AssetData/payloadv2/payload.015, SZExtractorFileOffsetErrorKey=6742582581, SZExtractorSourceFileLineErrorKey=1277, NSFilePath=AssetData/payloadv2/payload.015, SZExtractorFunctionNameErrorKey=-[StreamingUnzipper _supplyBytes:length:withReply:]}}}

Attachments

• log.txt
    14.9 KB · Views: 235
Thanks @Niko75 , I tried the fix, but it doesn't work. In my case the procedure doesn't complete the first installation step, it crashes while copying a file on the destination disk.
Others have the same problem but none seem to have solved it. The only method that work seems install big sur on another pc and then move the disk.

Thanks @Niko75 , I tried the fix, but it doesn't work. In my case the procedure doesn't complete the first installation step, it crashes while copying a file on the destination disk.
Others have the same problem but none seem to have solved it. The only method that work seems install big sur on another pc and then move the disk.
I have the same issue on a X99 Chinese motherboard.
I solved by installing Big Sur from another system then booting.
Once you have an already installed Big Sur the system runs flawlessly.

Hi zzmadd
Could you be a little more specific about installing Big Sur from another system then booting. What kind of system? What EFI did you use? I was able to install Big Sur on an X99 Xeon cpu using this EFI but it does not boot on my
i 5820 K cpu.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi.

Today I successfully Updated to OpenCore 0.6.6 and flawlessly updated to MacOS 11.2.1.
Screenshot 2021-02-21 at 18.27.46.png

My specs:
Asus X99-A
Intel I 7 5820K
4x 4GB ddr4 3200
Asus Radeon Vega 56
BIOS Asus X99-A Version 4101 with patched Msrs and Nvram (Attached below)

Attachments

• OC 0.6.6 Debug MacOS11.2.1 X99-A I7 5820k EFI.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 204
  • Dragonsun252 patched bios 4101 PN Nvram For X99-A .zip
    8 MB · Views: 183
Attached the EFI.zip which I used during Big Sur Installation. I have removed the "Cpuid1Data" under Kernel section and whole entry under SMBIOS section from the "config.plist". So please adjust them to fit your system configuration.

But before moving forward, I would recommend you to verify whether the native NVRAM (patched) on your mobo works as expected.

Good luck.

@jin.artemis Your EFI.zip was really helpful! I was struggling a lot with getting USB to work on my SABERTOOTH X99, when I realized that I should just set "Intel xHCI mode" in BIOS to "Disabled" xP

Still, I'm having trouble running audio, did you manage to get it working? If you're using AppleALC, which layout-id are you using?

New Update

OC 0.6.7
macOS 11.2.3

1615723140776.png

Prerequisites:

*Nvram and MsrsE2 patched BIOS. If no MsrsE2 is patched then set AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock Booleans to TRUE in Kernel\Quirks.

*Generate your own SMBIOS.

The whole process took 7 minutes and 3 reboots.

Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 226
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back