Contribute
Register

ASUS X99 Boards - Big Sur (Not Compatible)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The motherboard I'm using is MSI X99A Godlike gaming, I think it's not much different with your SLI Plus.
I success installing Big Sur, and it works fine except sleep.
Maybe you could edit your config.plist (My system can't boot without below setting.)
Booter->Quirks->DevirtualiseMmio->True
and add MmioWhitelist to the list.
(refer to the Dortania troubleshooting
Hi

Thanks for your kind reply. But can you give me your efi or direct me to an EFI that is likely to work with my computer?

The motherboard I'm using is MSI X99A Godlike gaming, I think it's not much different with your SLI Plus.
I success installing Big Sur, and it works fine except sleep.
Maybe you could edit your config.plist (My system can't boot without below setting.)
Booter->Quirks->DevirtualiseMmio->True
and add MmioWhitelist to the list.
(refer to the Dortania troubleshooting
HI
Follow the way you mentioned, to fix the sleep and wake function.
I just tried it, but I can’t boot it anymore.

Hi

Thanks for your kind reply. But can you give me your efi or direct me to an EFI that is likely to work with my computer?
Sure, this is my EFI file, you can give it a try.

Last edited:
Hi
I tried your EFI. It boots all right and the installation works normally until there is 13 minutes left. Then it stops and I get this message:"An error loading the update". I tried to install twice and I got the same error. Any idea?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, How can we edit boot menu icons with open core? I need to delete some icons like nvram, efi, etc. Thanks you so much.

Hi, How can we edit boot menu icons with open core? I need to delete some icons like nvram, efi, etc. Thanks you so much.
you will need to check over ScanPolicy in the documentation

Sure, this is my EFI file, you can give it a try.
Hi @d8833051 : could you please share your efi folder? I don't see the link. I have an MSI X99S MPower with Catalina/Clover that works without problems, but Big Sur/Opencore doesn't start.
Thank's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back