Contribute
Register

ASUS X99 Boards - Big Sur (Not Compatible)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RemB - Hello and thank you for all your work and support on this. I have been stuck on my Big Sur install for some time now (I end up with the same kernel panic that all X99 seem to get).

My board is an ASUS X99 Deluxe with Core-i7 5960x.

I have been waiting to see if someone would see the light and find a way forward and it looks like you managed to get your board working on Big Sur. Well done!

I have attached my unpatched DSDT. Would you mind letting me know what i should be doing to get to the install? Do i need to patch it? (i believe the answer is yes) but do you know how?

Thanks a million

Cheers

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    217.3 KB · Views: 46
Please share a dsdt patch that you're applying. I try to adopt this to x79.

This patch didn't help me but removing ^UNC0 and ^UNC1 did the job for c602 (dual-socket). Thanks a lot I've able to boot Big Sur with no issues. Thank you so much.

Hi, I'm trying to compile the SSDT-UNC.dsl but MaciASL gives me and error, I'm putting it as attachment. Can someone help me?

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-10-15 alle 11.23.12.png
    Schermata 2020-10-15 alle 11.23.12.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 65
I tried this but it keeps kernel panicking. I must say that I'm on X79 and not on X99 so, even if the base problem is the same, maybe the cause is different and that SSDT won't fix the issue. Btw I'll try to compile it from source on my machine, maybe it could do a difference

I confirm that on the x79 platform (b75 chipset) the kernel continues to panic with SSDT-UNC.aml. I attach a screen.
Check ACPI for analysing from this post, please.

Attachments

• photo_2020-10-15 14.08.30.jpeg
    photo_2020-10-15 14.08.30.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I tried this but it keeps kernel panicking. I must say that I'm on X79 and not on X99 so, even if the base problem is the same, maybe the cause is different and that SSDT won't fix the issue. Btw I'll try to compile it from source on my machine, maybe it could do a difference
Tried building the patch on my system but it still gives kernel panic, waiting for further investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back