Contribute
Register

ASUS X99 Boards - Big Sur (Not Compatible)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used PRELIMINARY METHOD FOR INSTALLING BIG SUR ON SYSTEM WITH BROKEN NVRAM successfully and Everything is working but i got black screen wake from sleep. I tried to patch SSD-VEGA64.aml for my graphic card. Unfortunately I failed and needs someone's help. Thanks
hello,
I have same motherboard and process like your, but not successful install Big Sur.
can you please send me your EFI and if there anything I need to do for installing...

thank you very much

hello,
I have same motherboard and process like your, but not successful install Big Sur.
can you please send me your EFI and if there anything I need to do for installing...

thank you very much

hello,

thank you very much
sure, here is my EFI. This EFI won't work unless you follow "TheBlocke" method to generate your own code and paste to your own config.plist. Niko75 already provided you the link and just follow the method carefully you should be fine. BTW, thanks Niko75 for providing the link.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 82
I have succeeded! But the method I use is not to install directly, but to install the system to the ssd hard disk by using the middle white apple machine, and then put it on the black apple machine.I don’t know if I can make a ghost mirror and share it with everyone!

Attachments

• WechatIMG4.jpeg
    WechatIMG4.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 57
But I have a problem that after waking up from sleep, the screen is black and cannot be restored to work. Please help me to see what is wrong?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 85
does anyone know how to patch SSDT-VEGA64.aml with If (_OSI ("Darwin")) { Content }?

Attachments

• SSDT-X99-Vega64.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 38
THANKS YOU, THANKS YOU, THANKS YOU, THANKS YOU, THANKS YOU, THANKS YOU, THANKS YOU,

Working perfectly in a Gigabyte X99-UD4-CF ( intel i7 5820k ) Amd rx 580

Thanks you so much.

t
The issue was addressed.

Hi ennoclao

Just wondering which EFI is working with your X99 i7 5820K? I have the same cpu, same graphics card, but with a MSI X99 SLI Plus mobo.
Thanks
The motherboard I'm using is MSI X99A Godlike gaming, I think it's not much different with your SLI Plus.
I success installing Big Sur, and it works fine except sleep.
Maybe you could edit your config.plist (My system can't boot without below setting.)
Booter->Quirks->DevirtualiseMmio->True
and add MmioWhitelist to the list.
(refer to the Dortania troubleshooting

Attachments

• 截圖 2021-01-21 上午9.14.59.png
    截圖 2021-01-21 上午9.14.59.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back