Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z790 TUF Gaming Pus WFFi
CPU
i7-13700K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Hello all,

I have a working Mojave installation using the wonderful guide by KGP(https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-successful-build-extended-guide.255117/) @kgp
I followed the guide carefully-having almost the same hardware made it quite easy. For some reason slot 6 on my motherboard doesn't get recognised, whichever card I put there is just not seen. This is not a hardware issue as it's seen just fine in Windows 10. I tried removing SSDTs, swapping cards, but didn't change anything.

Cards used:

AMD Radeon VII in Slot 1
BlackmagicDesign Mini Monitor 4k in Slot 3
Asus ThunderboltEX 3 in Slot 4
Broadcomm BCM94352HBM in Slot 5

I need to move the Blackmagic card to slot 6 as it is right below the AMD and partially blocks one of the 3 fans. I noticed that if I move it to slot 4, it shows up correctly in system report, whereas now it shows as pci1002,ab20 Audio Device(it works just fine otherwise), I guess it needs a custom SSDT that unfortunately I don't know how to create.

Additionally, the Broadcomm card doesn't show up at all even though it works-it has some issues but these are not relevant to this thread, I'll post another one.

Both the above issues are not crucial to me as long as the cards work, but I need to get Slot 6 recognised, so any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_29441.zip
    4 MB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot 2019-06-10 at 10.56.47.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-10 at 10.56.47.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
I am Running the same configuration. Except with a NVidia Titan in High Sierra. I had a couple of people point me in the right direction and I have Finally got SSDT's for all of my cards working. Personally I would not worry about the position of the decklink. But if you need help modifying the SSDT's I can help. The 2 things that need to be posted is your DSDT from Clover by hitting F4 and your ioreg from version 2.1. We can then start systematically going through the SSDT's to get them fixed.

Thanks for the help!

I'm not around my computer now, will do it tomorrow morning. Clover hangs for some reason if I press F4, will try to figure it out.
Today I made an SSDT for the wifi card and it shows up correctly, very happy with that.

The only reason I want to move the decklink is that now it sits right under the Radeon VII, blocking partially one of its fans, receiving the hot lava that it emits. Given that slot 6 is the only other available one and isn't recognised by the os, I wonder if it's a matter of an SSDT. Let me try to get the DSDT out and take it from there.

Here's a new dump, I believe everything is included.

I played around with the custom SSDTs I got in the system. Corrected the Thunderbolt one(was GC Titan Ridge instead of Asus ThunderboltEX), it's just a cosmetic fix yet I'm happy:)
Made a new SSDT for Broadcomm BCM94352HBM PCIe card(used KGP's one for a different card and corrected slot ID and name)
Radeon VII shows up as PCI Slot 4@3,0,0 instead of Slot 1, I tried correcting it in the SSDT but remains unchanged.

As always, I need to have Slot 6 recognised in order to place the Decklink card there and correct any IDs or naming.

Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_26252.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot 2019-06-12 at 19.18.05.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-12 at 19.18.05.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 54
2 things I noticed:

If I move the Deckling card from slot 3 to 6, Slot ID remains the same(PCI Slot 4@3,0,1) but in Slot 6 it isn't recognised by Blackmagic Design's software.

If I remove Radeon's SSDT, it has 0 effect on the naming or anything else, as if it is not read in the first place.

The reason it does not recognise correctly in slot 3 is the SSDT-X99-XHC2.aml. I had to disable the USB 3.1 and remove this ssdt to get it to work. I have a raid card that take up the other slot and needs to be 8x whereas the decklink need to be 4x. I am looking at your stuff now and will be back shortly

Believe it or not this is one that @dolgarrenan created for me that I have since modified because I had to remove XHC2 to get the decklink not to stutter. Make sure yours does not stutter on play back.

Attachments

• SSDT-X99A2-DCLK-RP08.aml.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 59
Here is a patched SSDT for your VII.

*** Corrected Below ***

Last edited:
Correction for the VII patch I had the wrong device id

Attachments

• SSDT-X99-RadeonVII-WEGII.aml
    1.5 KB · Views: 53
Here is also I picture of my bios config for my slots. Sorry about the stretched image it's a super wide monitor.

Notice at the bottom of the list that in X4 mode USB3.1_EC1_EA2 and PCIEx1_2 are disabled. Thats because they would occupy the same address space. That means that XHC2 is not needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back