Contribute
Register

Asus x79 Sabertooth finally up

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can omit rootless since it's ignored. npci might require either 0x2000 or 0x3000 but I wouldn't expect it to get as far as MBCT if that wasn't correct.

The only nvidia flag you should need for an install is nv_disable=1. Maybe try switching whether integrated graphics is enabled in BIOS (you know, try it both ways), making sure BIOS is set for boot graphics to PCIe and ensure your monitor is cabled to the GTX 770... Make sure you're using a digital monitor connection (not VGA).

You can omit rootless since it's ignored. npci might require either 0x2000 or 0x3000 but I wouldn't expect it to get as far as MBCT if that wasn't correct.

The only nvidia flag you should need for an install is nv_disable=1. Maybe try switching whether integrated graphics is enabled in BIOS (you know, try it both ways), making sure BIOS is set for boot graphics to PCIe and ensure your monitor is cabled to the GTX 770... Make sure you're using a digital monitor connection (not VGA).

ohh i c , but it's work with me <key>Arguments</key>
<string>cpus=1 npci=0x3000 dart=0 nv_drv=1 rootless=1</string>

so is this maybe conflict my installation or what still not got it

everything work with me only 1 thing
the processor 3.2 GHz unknown
not show me the i7-3930K

update :
i did use for loading now
and its work as well too

<key>Arguments</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 nv_drv=1 </string>

but still
not show me the i7-3930K

also thank you for List of Common Boot Arguments
thats help me

So I have my Sabertooth running, boot with the npc = 0x2000 but you guys didn't do anything to get your USB fully working? I don't seen anything suspect in BIOS - I disabled the PS/2 port but didn't help.

Each time I plug-in an iPad or iPhone (directly into the mobo even) I have to plug and unplug my keyboard to get it to work again.

Being an iOS developer its driving me bonkers! I know USB is completely different now with UEFI but can someone give this NOOB a hand with this board? I just fear breaking my rig!

Can someone confirm that nothing was needed to get USB functional on this setup? For me - any heavy USB activity - regardless of the device type - causes my keyboard and Wacom Intuos tablet to stop working. I have to plug and unplug it. Its a Matias Quiet Pro for Mac keyboard - never had problems with it in the past.

Everything else is working great for me - even have native 4k screen scaling for the first time which is really nice.

Would you care to help the rest of us out in correctly getting an X79 board to work with El Capitan? I can not seem to find clear steps or links to getting this board up an running.

ohh i c , but it's work with me <key>Arguments</key>
<string>cpus=1 npci=0x3000 dart=0 nv_drv=1 rootless=1</string>

so is this maybe conflict my installation or what still not got it

everything work with me only 1 thing
not show me the i7-3930K

update :
i did use for loading now
and its work as well too

<key>Arguments</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 nv_drv=1 </string>

but still
not show me the i7-3930K

also thank you for List of Common Boot Arguments
thats help me

What worked to me was to put cpus=1 at the El Captain installation boot options. :lolno:

Thanks anyway !

Morning all, What kext file have you found works for Audio?

I am using the MultiBeast El Capitan - ALC892 kext without luck, and I'm not sure what the next step should be for this build.

Asus X79 Sabterooth
Clover Install
El Captitan 11.11.6

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.8 MB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Hey Tormund--when running the Unibeast installer, did you select UEFI or Legacy? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back