Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Sabertooth | Core i7-3960x (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My post is number 138 on this thread, I am quoting it here but there is a screenshot on that post of my multibeast settings. Like I said before just use lion multibeast for audio and use new multibeast for rest of the kexts.

Thanks a lot! I will try this evening!

Any one else have difficulty with USB 3 on this board? Sometimes drives mount in the finder fine, sometime they just don't. I can usually see them in 'system information' but they just fail to show up in the finder. Any ideas? thanks.

Also, should I update the BIOS, or is that a bad thing? I believe I'm on 1104.

Hello again,

I just got home and I did some checks as you told me:

I have booted in verbose mode. I see the systems starts to boot:

After a while verbose mode stops and thats what I see:

I have try as well with the command GraphicsEnabler=No

but nothing happens...
the same problem with PCIRootUID=0 command

But with the command npci=0x3000 I have got this following screenshot:

In summary: does not boot. I am still having problems booting the installer.

Some fresh ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I had a similar problem with 660 Ti and the only thing that worked for me was npci=0x3000 graphicsenabler=no together.

Great looking build. If you have a Dremel tool and a set of carbide cutting bits you can mount that Corsair radiator externally without a lot of major effort. External mounting frees up a lot of space, is good for 5-10 degrees of additional cooling depending upon room conditions and makes dual fan push/pull configurations no-brainers. I build a lot of PC's using Corsair closed-loop liquid coolers and always mount the radiators externally these days. The results are well work the effort.

Cut out the metal fan mesh, create openings for the cooling lines then mount the hardware. I prefer the Silverstone FM121 fans over the stock Corsair units because they have 110cfm airflow at maximum speed and come with a decent adjustable controller.

I have a PC with a X79 Sabertooth and 3930k in a Corsair Carbide 500R case. I put an external mounted H100 and 4 FM121's in it; at 5.02GHZ it runs at under 120 degrees F under full load.

Hello everyone,

This looks like a great build! and I am planning on buying the exact same rig, but with a different CPU and RAM.

CPU:
Intel Core i7 3820K, S 2011, Sandybridge-E, Four Core, 3.4GHz, 10MB Smart Cache, 130W, Retail

(Would Multibeast settings change for this CPU? if I were to follow a i7 3930 6-core build by Yo Mang)

Wish to use this system for Logic Studioon the mac sidemainly with firewire support, and games for windows. Could anyone confirmwhether the firewire port on the Sabretooth z79 works? Need to use thiswith a firewire soundcard.Thanks in advance!!

Any one else have difficulty with USB 3 on this board? Sometimes drives mount in the finder fine, sometime they just don't. I can usually see them in 'system information' but they just fail to show up in the finder. Any ideas? thanks.

Also, should I update the BIOS, or is that a bad thing? I believe I'm on 1104.

I have the same question. I just built a similar Hackintosh for a friend and his board has a pretty recent BIOS (like 3xxx) and beside some visual improvements to the BIOS screen (not really particularly important), I did notice that his machine booted up considerably faster (we both use the same SSD drive for the OS) and he doesn't seem to have the same issue with his graphics card (i.e. I can not get the card to recognize both of my monitors unless I switch the monitors on after the system has booted up).

I know that moving up to the next revision of the BIOS requires me to change the BIOS structure from .ROM to .CAP (not sure what that even means).

Has any of you done this? Have you gone up from the 11xx to the latest version? Any issues, problems?

Thanks for all the insights.

I have updated the bios to the latest and Im still good. As for the 3.0 problem I had the same thing and I fixed it by loading newer usb 3.0 kext from the latest multibeast. I cant remember which one but I will take a look when I get home and post it.

hi midphase,

it's fine if u want upgrade u'r bios..the newer it's 4005 and it will working fine..for the bios upgrade u need to cap converter to rom before u'r upgrade..if u'r bios below 2xxx u need download the cap converter to rom first..install that first after that u need instal the newer bios 4005 and it's will working fine..

For USB 3.0 i'm still using driver from multibeast 5.2.1 using caldigit driver and it's working fine, before have try using new driver from multibeast 5.3.0 and and it's make my system hang when try to access that..

It's just info from me..hope this can help u..

I'm going nuts getting this build to even get into the ML install screen. No matter what combination I try, I keep getting hung up at "still waiting for root device"

I've got:
Asus Sabertooth x79 (came preloaded with BIOS 3501)
3930K CPU
Corsair Vengeance 4x8GB DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX580

I've lowered the PCI-e to Ver2, disabled hyperthreading, set it to a single core, disabled VT-d

I've attempted virtually every combination of bootflags, including the commonly used: npci=0x3000 cpus=1 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

No matter what I do, it always gets hung up at "still waiting for root device". I can't even get into the installer. At this point I've even disconnected all the harddrives, just to try and get to a ML install screen, but no luck.

Can anyone help?

And seem to have just solved the situation. :p

I moved the USB key to (yet another) slot and got success getting to the installer.

In case anyone's wondering, the USB key is currently 1 row down from the top USB slots, 2nd from the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back