Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Sabertooth | Core i7-3960x (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No sound on my machine (same specs as you guys Sabertooth X79, i7 3930k, 16gigs, 660ti graphics).

Does anyone have a definitive solution? Everything I read seems kinda arbitrary.

P.S.

My BIOS is 0906

My solution is for Sound is working. Try other forum and search for no sound 892 .. there are
many other users with same problems.. and any solutions.
i made many attempts (every one with clean install) and only this one worked for me....

What BIOS version are you running?

Newest : 2104 , (Asus Notes : Fixed Nvidia GTX680 hang when running with UEFI driver...)

OSX works 100% (ML 10.8.0)

Still searching for kext to enable all Sata ports and sleep.... has someone get it to work?

Sleep/wake-up works best with the 1st three boxes are checked in System Preferences >Energy Saver.

When I built my machine, 10.8.1 had just come out so I decided go ahead and install that version right off the bat. My experience has been quite good except I still can't get the built-in audio to work. Since I don't really have any other perspective from having installed an earlier version of the OS, I don't know if the audio issue is related to 10.8.1 or something else. It' not a big deal for me since I use an external audio interface anyway, but I suppose it could be a problem for some.

I have a similar build, but I am planning to have cf 6870x2, will crossfire be possible???

I have a similar build, but I am planning to have cf 6870x2, will crossfire be possible???

No.

Neither Crossfire or SLI will work under OSX. You should be able to get the two cards to function as individual cards though. It is more difficult with the AMD than the nVidia I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back