Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Sabertooth | Core i7-3960x (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys have audio working in mountain lion? My only issues are no sound, unplugging a USB device (wacom tablet) from the USB3 port causes a kernel panic, and the obvious sleep issue everyone else is experiencing.

I've installed the CUDA driver version 5.0.17 and GPU driver version 270.00.00f06 in OSX Lion 10.7.4, but I just get around 10 fps in openGL in cinebench, what should I do???

*** OK, problem solved, now is 35 fps. :)

this made it work again perfect ! thanks

Did this and it worked as well, but now only one CPU is active out of the 12 potential. Setting the cpus=12 causes the same problem as before.

Has anyone played with SSD caching on this board? I've read that you can't do SSD caching for OSX which kinda sucks but I'm wondering if I can use like 20gigs of my SSD for a cache on windows with the rest of my SSD being dedicated to Lion/ML.

Thanks for all your contributions folks. I'm about to get into installing this on my rig now.

Did this and it worked as well, but now only one CPU is active out of the 12 potential. Setting the cpus=12 causes the same problem as before.

Three posts ago....

I am on the same bios and its working fine. Try "cpus=1", I would always get the same slowness unless I booted with those paramiters. This will restrict you to using 1 core, if you want to fix that you will need the VoodoTSCSync.kext to enable all cores. Please note since its default 11 for i7 you may need to change if you have i5 or i3.

I have attaced the voodo kext in an earlier post I made on this thread.

this made it work again perfect ! thanks

Evil monkey's post was 6 posts ago...

Has anyone played with SSD caching on this board? I've read that you can't do SSD caching for OSX which kinda sucks but I'm wondering if I can use like 20gigs of my SSD for a cache on windows with the rest of my SSD being dedicated to Lion/ML.

Thanks for all your contributions folks. I'm about to get into installing this on my rig now.

I searched all over the web and the consensus I found is that OSX will not support SSD caching.

I suspect that it is doable, though probably neither the windows nor the 20gb partition of the SSD is going to be accessible under OSX, given that it's essentially a form of motherboard raid. Which requires drivers that don't exist for OSX.

IMHO, if you want to do this, just track down a 30gb or so SSD and don't muck about with this.

I've installed the CUDA driver version 5.0.17 and GPU driver version 270.00.00f06 in OSX Lion 10.7.4, but I just get around 10 fps in openGL in cinebench, what should I do???

*** OK, problem solved, now is 35 fps. :)

FYI, Cinebench does not like the nVidia cards. There's a sticky on this in the graphics forum.

Ungine Heaven is a good bench mark for the nVidia cards.

I made it ... now too ...!

I get ML working. My config:

board :Asus Sabertooth x79 bios 2002
cpu: i7 3930
32 GB Ram
2 x GTX680
240 GB SSD (only for OSX) and 2 x 240GB SSD raid0 for Windows
3 x Acer 27" via DVI (2 on first, 1 on second Card) at 120Hz.

first made osx boot stick - no problems .

Now at boot - no way --- stop at pci configuration... i add IOPCIFamily.kext to boot stick at extras and
got it with cpu=1 and Graphicsenabler=no to boot up ... (It works sometimes and sometimes not...) but finally ..

IT Boots UP with 3 Screen to Install ML!

After Install i run multibiest at 5.0.2 for ML and installed you options... (i added enabler for gtx680)
It works .... Smcputype and your Kext for all cores working and ... is perfect .

Boot over select with F8 no dualboot - better not...Win8 is coming....

And now the last, little problem :

only sound ... the card is found and works but ... no sound! the driver in Mulibiest for ML 5.0.2 is another
than in older versions....
I installed it twice and ... ALC892 without dsdt.......and no tone gets out.....

i changed to line out and so on ... no chance...

any ideas....

Thanks for this forum ... it helps to get it up!

Hi rafaelj,
Did you run VoodooTSCync.kext? I lost sound after running this necessary kext, but running mutibeast with just this box ticked (nothing else) will fix your sound: Without DSTD->ALC892. You said you did this twice, so I'm not sure why reinstalling ALC892 doesn't work for you. I did my build with the previous version of multibeast (one before multibeast 5.0.2). Are you rebooting after you re-run multi beast?

By the way, what bios version are you running? I'm running the stock version that came from the factory (version is 1104 made on 2012/04/10). However, that seems to be different for everyone so I'm curious of that too.

I get new board (swap from asus) few day ago..and this on has 2002 Bios.... This is very new....
I installed the VoodooTSCync.kext , because i got problems (without cpus=1)

After start of ML or install from MB of ALC892 i hear nothing....i test Digital output later today but speakers don't work.
I can see, someone installed the old Multibiest from SL with rollback and other options....i try this later, but
ML running so great - i don't want change anything....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back