Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Sabertooth | Core i7-3960x (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me what settings to change in the UEFI? I have the Sabertooth X79 and the 3930K. Won't boot into the key fully. I can't tell if I have a bad key or if its a settings issue. Thanks!

I don't really know what you mean, but try following this thread.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...gb-ram-evga-gtx650-mountain-lion-g5-case.html

ALSO!! I just wanted to let everyone know eSATA works! I just got a 4TB G-RAID and hooked it up eSATA and it fired right up.

Has anyone upgraded to 10.8.1 on Asus Sabertooth X79 ? If you have could you please share your experience.

Cheers,

i installed Mountain Lion 10.8.3 today and everything works fine. Had a lot of problems getting my graphics to work GTX 660TI but it worked by using easybeast install and selecting graphics enabler=no and npci=0x3000. Now i dont have sound i installed ALC892 got the controls working but no sound.It worked perfectly with lion's latest version. Need help please!!

Build:
Asus Sabertooth x79
Intel 3960k
Asus GTX 660TI
16GB 1333 Vengeance
Fibre Chanel Card
BluRay Player/Writer
8TB 7200RPM RAID0
2 - 2TB 7200RPM
Intel Dual Ethernet Card

I recently updated to 10.8.3 and its all good. I installed the combo update from here http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1640 as posted on the tony mac forums/news. Before I hit reboot I ran MultiBeast 4.6.1 Lion found here http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=3 and installed the audio kexts (attached screen shot of what I ticked off) then I rebooted and everything including audio is working fine. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• ML Audio Settings 10.8.3.png
    ML Audio Settings 10.8.3.png
    167 KB · Views: 385
Thanks for your post, it looks great!
I have seen you have the same Mainboard as I have, therefore I would like to show you my problem. Maybe you can help me.

1 ) First of all I would like to talk about the components:

- MAINBOARD - Asus Sabertooth Mainboard Sockel 2011 (ATX Intel X79, DDR3 Speicher, SATA, 6x USB 3.0)

- MICROPROCESSOR - Intel Core i7-3930K 3,2 GHz Six Core (BX80619I73930K) Prozessor

- COOLING - Corsair CW-9060008-WW Hydro Series H80i Prozessor-Kühler (120 mm) schwarz

- GRAPHIC CARD - Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB Grafikkarte (GV-N670OC-2GD)

- RAM - Corsair CL10 PC3-12800 Arbeitsspeicher 32GB (1600MHz, 4x 8GB) DDR3-RAM Kit schwarz

- HDD - Samsung 840 Series Basic interne SSD-Festplatte 120GB (6,4 cm (2,5 Zoll), 256MB Cache, SATA III) anthrazit

- POWER SUPPLY - Corsair CP-9020032-EU HX Series 80 Plus Gold PC-Netzteil (850 Watt, ATX)

- CASE - Fractal FD-CA-DEF-R4-BL Design Define R4 PC-Gehäuse (ATX, 2x 5,25 externe, 8x 3,5 interne, 2x 2,5 interne, 2x USB 3.0)

2) After build all of them I have installed windows 8 without problems in one partition of the SSD.

3) Some screenshots about the configuration of Mainboard:

5) UNIBEAST CREATION

6) BOOTING FROM USB

USB LED is on

I do not understand why I have 3 options, the first one boots into windows 8 as well.

Here I see 4 options, all of them boots on windows 8, the selected one is for the installation of hackintosh

I have choosen the apple icon

I can see that under the grey screen, under the apple icon there is no circle of booting

The LED of USB is not illuminated

I have waited more than 20 min, nothing happens.

I have tried on my 4 years old laptop and the USB boots properly the installation of Hackintosh, therefore I guess the USB- Unibeast is not the problem.

Should I configure something else on the Mainboard. I don't need RAID for my SSD.
I have AHCI Mode for SATA mode enabled.

Please let me know if you have any Ideas about what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance!

When you get to the point that you are selecting the boot drive (photo 11), press the space bar and type -v. This will enable verbose mode so you can see what is happening, post a screen shot of where it gets stuck.

A quick thing to try is to type GraphicsEnabler=No at the same prompt, as thatss required for your GPU.

You get 4 options in bios because one of them is the uefi boot partition for windows 8, multibeast has no uefi boot support and will not recognize it. You say you get stuck on the apple logo, I was getting that as well and I posted a guide in this thread on how I went about getting my hackintosh set up. It had to do with cpu cores, you should have a look at my guide and see if it helps. I would reccomend to only use thr older lion multibeast for audio and using the current one for updated kexts as the multibeast I used in that post is old now.

When you get to the point that you are selecting the boot drive (photo 11), press the space bar and type -v. This will enable verbose mode so you can see what is happening, post a screen shot of where it gets stuck.

A quick thing to try is to type GraphicsEnabler=No at the same prompt, as thatss required for your GPU.

Thanks a lot! I will try as soon as I get home and let you know!

You get 4 options in bios because one of them is the uefi boot partition for windows 8, multibeast has no uefi boot support and will not recognize it. You say you get stuck on the apple logo, I was getting that as well and I posted a guide in this thread on how I went about getting my hackintosh set up. It had to do with cpu cores, you should have a look at my guide and see if it helps. I would reccomend to only use thr older lion multibeast for audio and using the current one for updated kexts as the multibeast I used in that post is old now.

Thanks a lot for Your Answer

I am still searching your post with the guide, but I still did not found it.

Could you please tell me in which page can I find it? or send me the link?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hello again,

I just got home and I did some checks as you told me:

I have booted in verbose mode. I see the systems starts to boot:

After a while verbose mode stops and thats what I see:

I have try as well with the command GraphicsEnabler=No

but nothing happens...
the same problem with PCIRootUID=0 command

But with the command npci=0x3000 I have got this following screenshot:

In summary: does not boot. I am still having problems booting the installer.

Some fresh ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Just make a ML boot USB with unibeast, how to do that found here --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibea...untain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html.

Boot from usb, during bios post just keep hitting f8 until the boot selection menu shows up then select your usb, boot with the following peramaters without quotes "GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 cpus=1" Once OSX has loaded go to disk utilities and format your desired hdd OSX Journaled with GUID partition. Then install ML. Once thats done again you must boot from usb with those paramaters and finish setting up your mac.

Run multibeast, for my build which is asus sabertooth x79, intel i7 3930k, Nvidia GTX 670FTW, with 2tb 7200rpm sata hdd. I had multibeast install the following kexts (look at attached screenshot) if you are gonna be running an ssd then TRIM Enabler must be ticked off in multibeast. Reboot after install.

This time since the bootloader was installed you can boot from your hdd (if you have windows installed first then you may have to hit f8 on post to select your mac hdd to boot off of), you have to boot with only "GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1" this time.

Modify "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" which is located in your mac hdd drive/extra so that GraphicsEnabler=No is set automatically, then download kextbeast found here --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=32 and extract it to the desktop same with VoodooTSCSync.kext (found as attachment to this post) then run kext beast and reboot.

Now you should just be able to boot into mac without any parameters and have all cpu cores active. That is how i did my build and I hope it works for you too.

Don't forget if you have to keep hitting f8 to boot into mac it is probably because windows has set itself as the active partition, I think you have to unmark it as active in disk management within windows and set your mac as active. I did not do this because I mostly use pc so I like to boot from mac manually.

My build specs:
Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU: Intel i7 3930k
SSD: Intel 520 series 180gb SSD (Running Windows)
HDDs: 2x Segate Barracuda 7200rpm 62mb cache 2tb hdds (One for PC storage other for Mac OSX)
Ram: Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600 64gb
Graphics: EVGA Nvidia GTX 670 FTW 2gb

My post is number 138 on this thread, I am quoting it here but there is a screenshot on that post of my multibeast settings. Like I said before just use lion multibeast for audio and use new multibeast for rest of the kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back