Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the countdown is on... yosemite anyone?

I got it working on my Sabertooth X79 (which I've set up with Rampage guides in the past).

-v cpus=1 npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

It froze with an "X" icon when loading the installer initially, but I unplugged all USB accessories, then switched off my ethernet/onboard audio/Intel Virtualization Technology in the bios. I'm sure some of my steps and/or commands could have been skipped, but I did all of that just to be safe.

Everything runs super smooth. Yosemite looks very colorful and "consumerish" but it's nice to work with a true visual overhaul after all these years.

i got it working as well, but reverted back to my old install as imessage didn't seem to work, and switching to clover wasn't as easy as i thought... will maybe give it another try soon

Got everything working but Bluetooth and USB. Yosemite 10.10.1. / Nvidia Geforce.

Got everything working in Yosemite! However my OC settings arent coming through. Any thoughts?

Got everything working in Yosemite! However my OC settings arent coming through. Any thoughts?
What bios are you on? Try 4206 if you're not already using it and make sure your bios settings are correct. BIOSs after 4206 require a functioning AICPUPM kext to enable turbo in OS X so you can try my speedstep guide if you want to go deeper.

Hello !

I think I have run into the same problem as you. I have followed the guide until MultiBeast setup, now I am booting to black screen. I am trying to install Mavericks due to compatibility issues of some software. I have tried all possible boot options without luck. Also when I use verbose mode it actually jumps from verbose to black screen so I cant take picture to show where it freezes. During Instal from USB I had to use boot option GraphicsEnabler=Yes cpus=1 npci=0x2000 this was the only option that worked to setup Mavericks. I feel really stuck ...spent almost whole day on this.

EDIT4:

The problem was the DSDT file, I found an other one on the internet everything work perfectly now ! If anyone has the same problem as me please PM me if you need help !

What do you mean, are you using premade DSDT? I thought I would create one after booting from HDD?

thanx

Hello !
I have tried to follow this guide to install Last version of MAverick it is 10.9.5. do these instructions apply? As I have already done two clean installs but without luck. Always ends up in black screen. I have tried all possible boot arguments, see my previous post, also without luck. I have a copy of 10.8.4 ML on separate drive however, I have updated bios to 4206 and the ML was working with bios 3602. I don't know if I can easily downgrade the bios ... to get the machine up and running.

Thanx for any advice

EDIT:
Downgrade successful through ROG port and FAT32 USB with older 3602 Bios (.CAP). Going through Bios page and downgrading doesn't work, it recognizes newer bios and will not let you downgrade.

Hi MK500

I have a similar spec as your :

Rampage IV Extreme

Bios 4206

i7 3930k

Giga 7950

i tried to follow your guide but i still got error with kext and extra folder.

Can you pls send me your Extra folder and setting so that i can copy and paste.

Thanks a lot for ur reply.

Hello MK500 and Shilohh,
I have a quick question too:
i have used yours and shilohh"s manual to run my hackintosh properly (and for that i want to thank you both), and I ran the geekbench test with very poor results: 3424/13745.
My specs are:
I7 3930k at stock speed/Asus Rampage IV Extreme (Bios 4206)/8gb DDR3/GTX 960/Samsung 850 Pro/El Capitan 10.11.6
/MacPro6,1 2013
I have installed the X79MP61SpeedStep1011.kext and the .plist for 3930k from shilohh"s archive and turned on the "sandy bridge option" in MultiBeast.
I have installed some SSDT"s (to APCL/patched/) from shilohh"s archive: SSDT-0,1,5,6,8,9 and SSDT-SB-I7 (i think it was the SSDT from MultiBeast).
I cant say, that my build is slow, but I want to get it right to the full potential of the hardware (without overclocking it).

I would appreciate any help very much.
Greetings from Ukraine !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back