Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curently on 10.8.3 ...can I use this guide to upgrade. In appstore there is 10.9.4, this guide is using 10.9.2 .... do I have to get hold on original 10.9 Maverics? And then combo update to 10.9.2 Or can I just download directly from appstore and follow this guide.

thanx
To go from Mountain Lion to Mavericks, you'll have to create a Mavericks UniBeast USB stick then install Mavericks over you Mountain Lion installation or do a fresh install. (Back up the MtLion first!) You can't just use the Combo Update installer to go from Mountain Lion to Mavericks. The Combo Updater assumes you have a Mavericks version installed already.

If you were on a Mac, you'd have to download the Mavericks Installation application and run it on top of your Mountain Lion, too. With the Hack, you'll need to create the UniBeast installer USB stick, then install Mavericks.

10.9.4 Mavericks is the latest version on the Mac App Store. The procedure for installing 10.9.4 using UniBeast 4 and MultiBeast 6.3.1 is the same, except the interface is slightly different.

Thanx for your answer, however I am still bit confused. Obviously I am using HACK, but I want to do a clean install + extract my DSDT. Do I create unibeast install USB from Maverics that is currently in Appstore (10.9.4)? Or do I have to get the initial Maverics (the very first build 10.9)
thanx

I have been holding off on doing any updates, since I have been in the middle of a big project, but has anyone had issues with 10.9.4 on the RIVE? I noticed that Multibeast also has not been updated yet, so I wanted to wait for that as well. Furthermore, I don't think I ever made a save of my original MB settings.

Thanks.

Hello there, I am contemplating getting something similar to the July2014 build. If you get a chance could you see my post with some questions I have before I take the plunge? Nobody has responded to my post so I thought I would ask you since it sounds like your already flying with your hack. Thanks a mil. Terminetor

Hi,

I have followed your spec in 2012 (if i am not mistaken) to build my own hackintosh and the beast is still running well today. Just wanna know if there is a quick way to update my OS from 10.8.3 to the latest Mavericks without reformatting the entire thing.. (coz thats what i did previously to upgrade to 10.8.3) haha..

Thanks!

Warmest Regards,
Collymore

Hi thanks for your guide.

I have almost the same specs as yours.

System:Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme
CPU:Core i7-3930k
Graphics:Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950

i prepared UniBeast 4.0.2 with Mavericks 10.9.5

I have followed your guide but i couldn't get chimera to boot until i installed clover into USB Mac install then i can get it boot up and able to installed Macintosh but after finish i tried to use MutilBeast 6.0.5 and used your MultiBeast configuration to install bootloader and kexts but again i still unable to get chimera bootloader to work.

BIOS setting - Secure Boot Menu - OS type i have to set to Other OS or i can use Windows UEFI but in Key Management i have to clear boot key management in order to get clover bootloader work.

Sorry for my bad English. Again can you help me with my situation thanks a lot for your help.

the countdown is on... yosemite anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back