Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 147
Everything went smooth, the only thing I'm having some issues is the sleep since sometimes works and sometimes not.
USB devices can have an effect on sleep. Sometimes it's network connection.

Try this in Terminal:
Code:
pmset -g assertions

Look for anything with a value of 1 (Active) instead of 0 (InActive)

Example:
   ChargeInhibit                           0
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep             0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep              1
   NoRealPowerSources_debug                0
   CPUBoundAssertion                       0
   EnableIdleSleep                         1
   PreventSystemSleep                      1
   DisableInflow                           0
   DisableLowPowerBatteryWarnings          0
   ExternalMedia                           0
PreventSystemSleep named: "com.apple.AppleFileServer" 
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "com.apple.powermanagement.ttyassertion" 
Details: /dev/ttys000

Attachments

• SafeSleeper_v2.zip
    129.4 KB · Views: 112
@shilohh I just updated my bios to 4804. After matching mk500's bios settings (except for CPU settings) I got this. Any ideas?

Here's a link to my bios settings: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/loen28inkkxtfvd/ugch9e0kGE
My best guess is that the HWSensors in FakeSMC.kext are incompatible. Try a FakeSMC.kext without the sensors installed. If you can mount your drive on another machine, go to /Volumes/[name of you drive]/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns and delete the PluIns folder.

If you can boot from the USB installer in single user mode you could do this in terminal:
sudo rm -R /Volumes/[name of your drive]/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns

or if you can boot from your boot drive in single user mode:
sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Then reboot with the flags: -f UseKernelCache=No

Or TMac is still using an older version of FakeSMC that's not playing nice with your nice new CPU. I've uploaded the updated one I'm using without the sensors.

sudo cp [path to my fakesmc] [path to /S/L/E/FakeSMC.kext depending on how you're accessing it]
sudo touch [path to /S/L/E depending on how you're accessing it]

About your BIOS, all looks good but in Boot option 1, change it to "A0S0 OWC..." (without UEFI in front). In CSM, always choose Legacy OpRom first. UEFI is only valid for Clover or Win UEFI boot.

Also you shouldn't need NullCPUPowerManagement. You CPU works different than our 3930Ks. You'll get full OS controlled CPUPM working with just a SSDT. More to come on that later.

Attachments

• FakeSMC.kext.zip
    37.3 KB · Views: 113
Here you go! Looking forward to feedback on my folder... Going to update bios now. I'll report back!
I made a couple tweaks. I think multiBeast's Serial gen may be incorrect. Compare what I've done. Back Up your current /Extra to a safe location and replace it with this one.

If you don't like the Theme, just delete /Extra/Themes/Default and rename BackupDefault to Default.

However, I don't think any of these changes are going to do anything major.

Attachments

• SwamyG_New_Extra.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
My best guess is that the HWSensors in FakeSMC.kext are incompatible. Try a FakeSMC.kext without the sensors installed. If you can mount your drive on another machine, go to /Volumes/[name of you drive]/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns and delete the PluIns folder.

If you can boot from the USB installer in single user mode you could do this in terminal:
sudo rm -R /Volumes/[name of you drive]/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns

or if you can boot from your boot drive in single user mode:
sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Or TMac is still using an older version of FakeSMC that's not playing nice with your nice new CPU. I've uploaded the updated one I'm using without the sensors.

sudo cp [path to my fakesmc] [path to /S/L/E/FakeSMC.kext depending on how you're accessing it]
sudo touch [path to /S/L/E depending on how you're accessing it]

About your BIOS, all looks good but in Boot option 1, change it to "A0S0 OWC..." (without UEFI in front). In CSM, always choose Legacy OpRom first. UEFI is only valid for Clover or Win UEFI boot.

Also you shouldn't need NullCPUPowerManagement. You CPU works different than our 3930Ks. You'll get full OS controlled CPUPM working with just a SSDT. More to come on that later.

Cool. Thanks. I didn't see the FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns folder in my kext. I'll just try the one you attached.

Going to try your extra folder as well. I've plugged my drive into my old mac, will report back shortly!

Cool. Thanks. I didn't see the FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns folder in my kext. I'll just try the one you attached.

Going to try your extra folder as well. I've plugged my drive into my old mac, will report back shortly!

If you're mounting on a mac just use kextbeast with change install location instead of terminal to install the one I sent you.

I think you can just DL the package installer for the latest one here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors/

And choose the install location as your Hack's drive. Just customize the install for just the Kext. If you get up and running you can try installing with the sensors (cause they are handy) and see what happens.

If you're mounting on a mac just use kextbeast with change install location instead of terminal to install the one I sent you.

I think you can just DL the package installer for the latest one here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors/

And choose the install location as your Hack's drive. Just customize the install for just the Kext. If you get up and running you can try installing with the sensors (cause they are handy) and see what happens.

UGH, still getting the same freeze on FakeSMCKeyStore: started

What I've done:
- I used your revised extra folder.
- Renamed fakeSMC.kext to fakeSMC.kext.bak
- Installed the fakeSMC.kext from the HWSensors.6.0.1148.pkg
- added a .bak to NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to make it inactive.

UGH, still getting the same freeze on FakeSMCKeyStore: started

What I've done:
- I used your revised extra folder.
- Renamed fakeSMC.kext to fakeSMC.kext.bak
- Installed the fakeSMC.kext from the HWSensors.6.0.1148.pkg
- added a .bak to NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to make it inactive.
Sorry swamy, I just had a oh yeah, duhhh moment. I should've thought to suggest this first but I just assume everyone knows. If you didn't create a new dsdt after you updated your bios, boot with the flag DSDT=No. Delete /Extra/DSDT.aml. When you reboot after, hit the space bar and backspace delete all the saved boot flags. When you use fileNVRam, it will store your flags and use them every consecutive boot until you manually delete them. Follow my MacIASL guide to create a new DSDT. Sorry again. I've been multitasking. Installing a new PA system at the club where I DJ, testing and prepping to release a new guide with videos & writing AppleScript apps to accompany and keep folks out of terminal.

Let me know if that worked or if I'm on the right track.

Let me know if that worked or if I'm on the right track.

Bingo!! Totally worked. Fastest boot ever! Thank you so much for your help. I was beginning to think there was a problem with my hardware and I'm glad that was not the case. Really happy to get up and running without any flags or hang ups! Woof!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back