Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if you have a 3930k or other sandybridge-e CPU. The new BIOSs are needed for the IvB-E CPUs. People who run windows are switching back to 4206 because they still have bugs. The Asus ROG forum is a good place to keep track of that kind of stuff but if you post there , don't tell them that you run OS X.

I'm using 3970X. Will stick with 4206 then? Is that what you are running?

Marco

Hi Shilohh,

do you have any tipps for me regarding my Hackintosh i7-4930k * Gigabyte x79 UP4 * Nvidia GTX 760 * Samsung SSD 256GB (Pro)?

I've tried to install 10.9.2 but without success.
I've tried 20 kernel flags, but without suceess.. Please check my link below.

The Ivy Bridge-E is Kernel for my CPU is included in 10.9.2 or not?

Please check my upload with pictures for you:
http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/71732962/file.html

Could you please please help me? I've built my setup 5 months ago with the dream to produce my music on my mac. Till now with no results :( thats so frustrating

I have also tried to post my request in the forum, with no success..: http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-c...page-iv-extreme-hackintosh-2-630-3-570-a.html

If you want a video or more pictures or any other things, please contact me!

Thank you so much!! :)
Marco (Germany)

I did the upgrade today and everything went well but, after I restarted the machine I only had 2 monitors working. The third one is not working even with the native drivers. I have the GTX 680..
There is a multi monitor bug in the drivers for Mav. Or maybe apple considers it a feature.

hello shilohh. Install mavericks perfectly, just had to mach_kernel patched.
Now I would like to recognize my sound Realtek ALC898. say that I have to start with NPCI=0x2000 PCIRootUID =0 -f Can you help?
would have to delete some kext before the procedure? Thank you.
You do not need to patch mach_kernel for 10.9.2 only for 10.9.1. If you need those flags to boot you need to add them to org.chameleon.boot.plist. Just npci=0x2000 and PCIRootUID=0.

-f = ignore caches and shouldn't be necessary every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back