Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bluetooth is working properly even after waking up from sleep mode. But what I found weird is that if I want to go to sleep mode I have to go to sleep mode directly in the tab. I have set in system preferences display sleep 20 min and Computer sleep 30 but only works display sleep.

I updated my 10.8.5 test install with the combo and haven't had to hide the mach_kernel, permissions repaired fine, no noticeable issues. In fact, everything feels stable. I'm just leery after all the trouble I had with the first 10.8.5 and because Apple Mac users are still reporting issues after the supplemental. I guess it's time to clone my main drive again and apply thesupplemental combo to really test it.

This is what ended up doing it for me! In the instructions in the OP, it still says to set GraphicsEnabler to No. This made my system not boot. Changed it to Yes and now it works! Thanks for everything!

I've added notes based on this to the build guide. What model video card(s) do you have installed?

Great build! I made something similar with the RIVE same processor just different card, using the titan! Runs like a dream. However I cant seem to get my processor overclock to post in hwmonitor. It shows 3.17Ghz with a 32x multiplier when I have oced it to 4.2Ghz and a 42x multiplier. Ive tried messing with nullcpupowermangement, different settings in the bios and still no luck. Any advice for a newb like me?!?!

Much appreciated!

I cant seem to get my processor overclock to post in hwmonitor. It shows 3.17Ghz with a 32x multiplier when I have oced it to 4.2Ghz and a 42x multiplier. Ive tried messing with nullcpupowermangement, different settings in the bios and still no luck.
HWMonitor is showing accurate readings. Your geekbench score should verify that your overclock isn't working and that you are actually at the cpu's stock speed of 32x. Use BIOS 4206 or earlier. At the moment, Anything newer than 4206 breaks multiplier settings.

I've added notes based on this to the build guide. What model video card(s) do you have installed?

I installed with a GTX 580. After it was installed and booting on its own, I added an ATI HD 5770. Both cards are running well in the machine now with four monitors.

Hi everyone,

I have the same build as OP, BIOS V. 4206 OS V. 10.8.5, I was able to complete the Mac OSX Installation, I changed the .plist has mentionned in the instructions, I have been getting some errors lately, I cant boot into the OS after first reboot, I get a white screen.

On -V mode, it gets stuck at IOBluetoothHCIController ---- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport.

If I try to boot in (-v -x -s PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000) I get the same white screen.

Boot Options Tried

(PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -x -v -s -f)
(PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v -s -f)
(PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v -s f)
(PCIRootUID=0 -npci=x2000 -v)
(PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v)
(PCIRootUID=0 cpus=1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v)
(PCIRootUID=0 cpus=1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v)

Any help please ???

Thanks in advance !!!!

EDIT1:

VT-D was enabled, I now dont get stuck at that bluetooth error but I am still getting that white screen !

EDIT2:

I reinstalled OSX, after the install I was able to reboot into the os normally to set up the users.

I used the boot options GraphicsEnabler=Yes cpus=1 npci=0x2000

I installed the drivers using Multibeast I unchecked GraphicsEnabler=No, and Checked everything as shown on the OP picture and I did change the .plist yet. I now cant boot into the OS anymore im getting the white screen with no apple logo, even with this boot options (cpus=1 npci=0x2000 -v).

Also if I try to boot up only using the boot flag (-V) I get stuck at PCI Configuration begin !

EDIT3:

Reinstalled the OS again, I did step by step the installation with multibest, its the DSDT Free Installation that makes me get a white screen everything I boot up. Any help ???

EDIT4:

The problem was the DSDT file, I found an other one on the internet everything work perfectly now ! If anyone has the same problem as me please PM me if you need help !

Using BIOS 4206 worked great for my overclock. However now I am experiencing weird ethernet connectivity issues.

I have a server that I connect to over my LAN on the regular however every now an then it will disconnect not only from the server but from the internet as well. In network settings it seems like everything is ok but no luck. It wont work until I completely reboot the system.

My hunch is it has to do with the system sleep. I just turned it off, will see if that fixes the issue.

Using BIOS 4206 worked great for my overclock. However now I am experiencing weird ethernet connectivity issues.
I have a server that I connect to over my LAN on the regular however every now an then it will disconnect not only from the server but from the internet as well. In network settings it seems like everything is ok but no luck. It wont work until I completely reboot the system.
My hunch is it has to do with the system sleep. I just turned it off, will see if that fixes the issue.
If your issues persist, I'd try an older version of hnak's LAN kext. You may should be able to find it in an older version of multibeast. Just look at the change log to figure out which one.

@ p4trickk
DSDTs change based your PCI hardware and BIOS. Sometimes someone else's will work and sometimes it must be extracted from your own system. RamDev's is very good plus it has allot of cosmetic stuff that I don't add to mine but his still wont work for allot of people. If you ever have the desire to edit your own, see my guide.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/9233...eme-x79-guide-extract-edit-your-own-dsdt.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back