Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm following this guide to put Mountain Lion on my new computer. When I get to step 5 "Select the USB stick and type the following when the Chimera screen comes up" my screen doesn't look like the picture in your guide and I can't get to the installation screen.. This is what my screen looks like.. Sorry it's rotated.
IMG_2216.jpg
Also this is my first hackintosh so sorry if I'm not giving all the information or if it's something stupid I'm doing.

When you get to that screen, hit the keyboard's Spacebar. A input area will appear so you can type in your modifiers.

That's what I do. I type in the modifiers and it still doesn't work. I was more talking about the apple not being in a USB or the picture in the circle not being an apple but on mine it's a lion.. and if that was fine?

hi,

ok the thing is I was doing my research about your post and the new mac pro and found something interesting looking around at geekbench.

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/2146186

since your build use the Core i7-3930K, i was wandering. could this mean full support for sandy bridge E on mavericks?

Hi MK500 and Shilohh,

I have read over your posts regarding the installation of x79 Rampage IV extreme for OSX ML. I did try around 10 times but failed. I did follow your great guide and using USB to install but whenever it boots the system restarts it own and finally returned to the USB start-up screen. I did use the flag -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000.

P.S. USB boots up and saw 2 lines appeared but it was too quick to capture it. Then restart.

My toy devices are as follows:
Bios 3602 as said
64GB RAM
Asus 660ti 2 GB x 2

I have another system Z68A-D3H-B3 works flawlessly without any problem. What I want is to use the Rampage board for the better speed and ram to speed up my PS work.

I did start cloning my workable HD to a blank HD and replace all kexts that required for and DSDT.aml, rebuilt cache and check over and over again but when the system booted up it was the same - restart.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot, Bro.

Peter

I have the same board and found that os x may not reboot with to sensitive, extreme RAM settings. Try to lower your RAM settings and put them in a safe conservative mode. Lower Hz and raise latency. Then try again if it works. The more RAM you have the more sensitive can be the reaction of the OS. I have 32 GB RAM and had to raise latency a bit to make all my systems work. RAM Tests recommended under each OS! Try and tell community if you achieved something with this tip.

Thank you very much for this Golden Build, what a beast!! I will try to build my first Hackintosh based on your work. keep in touch!

I have the same hardware as you're setup bar GPU I have a gtx 560 TI II.
I copied you're BIOS settings and followed you're guide to a T, but I cannot boot into my ML, I am using the same disk for a win7/ML Dual boot, I cannot even boot into ML from the Unibeast USB, windows boots fine, i am getting hung up on "PCI configuration begin" can anyone offer some advice, as to what I can do, consider my specs, THIS GUIDE from the OP and the fact I am dual booting, thank you. PS 1 more thing I didn't manage to install audio because I couldnt download the file in the original post, maybe be relevant may be not

EDIT I can now boot using "-v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 DSDT=rusbbish"

Dual screens are running, I havent installed audio yet, I have turned power saving features off, ie HD sleep etc, but it seems if I dont touch computer for 10 minutes it freezes, I am using a bluetooth keyboard/mouse and do not have a usb/ps2 combo available for testing if its a system lock or if the bluetooth usb keyboard is failing, anyone? is it now safe to install HD audio using multi beast, as the beggining of this guide says not to, but multi beast has changed since then?

EDIT added the flags to boot loader etc, everything seems to be running good, even though my sound settings show output, I can even see the volume bar on the inputs section move when i blow into the mic, however I still cant get no sound out of the computer, quicktime wont even play a file? Anyone? Cheers

What a fantastic build and informative process you have given us all thank you.

Could you please comment on the following Mac Pro spec (see below) in comparison to your Hack? And it's a genuine question as a friend may be giving me this system for £600 all in. Is it much faster/slower etc? I am running cubase and want to upgrade to a faster system than my i7 920

Thanks
(Relative newbie)

Mac Pro 3.1 8 core (2 x quad processors) 3Ghz model . 8GB RAM 2008 model.
Comes with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 10.8 installed.
Maximum Operating System Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks. 320GB HD.

The Mac Pro "Eight Core" 3.0 (Early 2008) is powered by two 3.0 GHz Quad Core 45-nm Intel Xeon E5472 (Harpertown/Penryn) processors with 12 MB of level 2 cache per processor (each pair of cores shares 6 MB), a 128-bit SSE4 SIMD vector engine, and 1.6 GHz "64-bit dual independent frontside buses."

I just installed OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.4 on my Aurora Alienware R4,
3.2 Ghz i7 3930K with GTX 660 , 16 GB Ram, 512 SSD, I have the other 2 TB hard drives for my windows...
All my 6 cores are now working, using the magical VOODOOTSCSync.kext (thanks for all the info ppl gave me on this web)
I havnt worked on my audio setup yet, but im sure ill get that fixed soon,
I cant get the SSD to boot, im still booting from my USB... any advise?
I also need my firewire port to work, I know that my FIREWIRE port is compatible, but for some reason my Hackintosh doesnt recognize it at all...
I also have problem with my USB 3.0 ports, non seem to be working, or when I connect my external Hard drive to a USB 2.0 , it still doesnt work,
How can I fix my USBBusFix=Yes code?

This is what I used to get to the installing screen : USBBusFix=Yes npci=0x2000 cpus=1 -x -v
And now after getting all my 6 cores running, I use USBBusFix=Yes npci=0x2000 -x -v

Any one one know what I should do inorder to fix my 2 main problems?
USB 3.0
and FIREWIRE

???

THAnks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back