Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude!!! This is an INSANE BUILD! Makes me wanna sell my 2500K and one of my kidneys to get a set up like this!! Lol ;)

Seriously thou Superb build man congrats!

Btw how did you accomplish the stripped home folder?
Im doin the same and i thought i was gonna be the 1st (here in the forum to do it)
But i guess you beat me to it!
How did u do it? I moved my home folder thru the "Advanced User Settings" under system preferences, and it worked but after I rebooted it says i cant boot the the account.
Ill be trying again when i get home.

P0w :headbang:

Hi there,

I am new to hackintosh and have built your system which is awesome by the way~! :D

However can i check if you are able to utilize the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme's onboard bluetooth? I am asking as i am using a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

Thanks for any assistance rendered~!

Collymore said:
Hi there,

I am new to hackintosh and have built your system which is awesome by the way~! :D

However can i check if you are able to utilize the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme's onboard bluetooth? I am asking as i am using a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

Also would like to build this system, would like to get my magic mouse running on this machine, anyone tried?

pahoran said:
Btw how did you accomplish the stripped home folder? ... I moved my home folder thru the "Advanced User Settings" under system preferences, and it worked but after I rebooted it says i cant boot the the account.

Thanks for the kind words! Basically what I did was:

1) Complete my installation as documented with a single user called "Administrator" (short name "administrator") on the boot drive. I always recommend this as a fallback in case the stripe goes down (so you still have a user you can log in as).

2) Used Disk Utility to create the 3 disk stripe. It's been a while since I did this; as these disks moved over from a previous machine; but it should just work. There are probably many tutorials for creating stripes with Disk Utility out there.

3) Created a new user for me in System Preferences -> Users & Groups. Log out as Administrator and log in as the new user.

4) Create a folder on the stripe array called "Users".

5) Copy my entire /Users/username folder over to the striped drive /Users folder.

6) Go into System Preferences -> Users & Groups and right-clicked on my account and click "Advanced Options...". Click "choose" next to "Home directory:" and select the newly copied folder on the striped array. Click OK.

7) Reboot and log-in as yourself.

8) Delete the /Users/username folder from the boot hard drive. Note that you ONLY delete your user folder. Not /Users or /Users/administrator, as you want to keep those in case you need to log in as Administrator.

This worked very easily for me, and has been surprisingly robust.

stefanhuberfilms said:
Collymore said:
Hi there,

Also would like to build this system, would like to get my magic mouse running on this machine, anyone tried?

See update to my guide regarding bluetooth. Basically the on-motherboard bluetooth works intermittently; so I just installed a cheap AZIO USB dongle to get more reliable results. I have a feeling the problem has to do with the fact that you can monitor motherboard information via bluetooth on this motherboard; and the bluetooth chip might be getting stuck into a special state for that feature. I happened to have the dongle lying around; so this was just a simpler solution for me.

I definitely had it working with both magic mouse, apple keyboard, and trackpad. But it would sometimes not be there after a reboot. I wonder if there is a BIOS setting that might fix this.

I've tried following the guide, but I can't seem to get the audio to work.

I've done it both the original way and with the MultiBeast 4.4.1.

I've double checked with two optical cables and the 3 headphone jack cables.

All of them work under windows.

OSX reports the optical out and such under "About this Mac", but nothing is showing up under the audio control panel and there is no glow coming from the optical cable/port under osx

Any suggestions?

I have the same build except for hdd which i am using vertax 4 and my write speed is horribly slow at 180 plus. Another thing that didn't manage to work is the Parallels Desktop, after installation, and reboot it just hangs at the grey apple screen (with spinning wheel spinning forever). Wondering if any good folks here encountered similar prob or have any solution to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back