Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K | Radeon HD 7970 Ghz 3GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks MK500!

No luck so far. I've manually added frame buffers to my dsdt, tried ~20 different buffer personalities... It's ok!! I'm not a quitter. I may just end up putting the 6870's back in till a viable solution manifests itself. It' s likely something really small I'm not doing... It usually is! I'll keep in touch, and let you know if I get anywhere.

Thanks MK500!

No luck so far. I've manually added frame buffers to my dsdt, tried ~20 different buffer personalities... It's ok!! I'm not a quitter. I may just end up putting the 6870's back in till a viable solution manifests itself. It' s likely something really small I'm not doing... It usually is! I'll keep in touch, and let you know if I get anywhere.

I hate to say it; but I think it won't work right until you build a custom DSDT for that specific 7970 (since it has an unusual number of ports).

I just noticed you are using the 8-core XEON with the RIVE. That's VERY cool. How do you like it?

Hello, I have a Maximus V Gene (z77) with an Asus 7970 DirectCU II.
Can you please tell me how much of your guide I can follow, without having the same motherboard or chipset?
I did use your boot0 method that did get me a lot farther in the boot sequence though. Thanks for that.

Basically, without knowing if it was specific to your build, I skipped the Kext changes and the DSDT injection (Shiloh's DSDT for 7970), as I assumed that was dangerous without knowing. Anyways, I can get to the white screen with a cursor. I push the power button, and it goes to sleep quickly. Then I tap it again to wake it, and I get a black screen with a cursor. Any ideas?

@Supe79
If you have any ideas on how to get my card working, please chime in, as we have the same one.

Thanks!

Will this work for HD 7770? Please reply.

Spike and drae : With different motherboards you would need a different guide; as the Multibeast settings will be different. At the very least you will need a DSDT for your motherboard with sleep enabled or it won't properly wake up from sleep.

I have ASUS Rampage Extreme & GTX 660TI by EVGA.

Will it work with your DSDT or Could you please provide me the DSDT for

1. Asus Rampage x79 Extreme
2. EVGA 660TI
3. Vengeance 32 GB DDR3
4. 3930 Processor

BTW, which are the 2 ASMedia SATA ports?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Jay

I just noticed you are using the 8-core XEON with the RIVE. That's VERY cool. How do you like it?

Oooops!! The E5 2680 was only in this machine temporarily while I was waiting for the 3930k. The E5's a great processor but... you can't OC them. Which makes them a horrible match for this particular MB. The chip, along with my first hackintosh will be repurposed as a server... hopefully soon! Just not enough hours in a day.

I have all my displays up and running with the help of the HD6970's, your guides and a little tweaking. My hat's off to Shilohh for the DSDT editing guide. I have gained a new appreciation for amount of time and research that must have went into that guide. I'd like to give the custom DSDT another shot when I have the time. I did enjoy the learning.

I really do appreciate the time you've put in...you need a donate button. Who knows... one day maybe I'll be able to return the favour. Thanks again!

How hard is it to edit the DSDT for a similar graphics card? I'm building essentially the same machine, but had ordered a 7870 instead of the 7970 on the GPU to save a couple hundred bucks... The whole reason I picked this build (I've modified a couple other things, but nothing that should impact the DSDT) is that it is the Mac Pro Apple should have built - it's quiet, reliable and extremely fast! It uses high-end parts chosen for reliability and long life, just like a real Mac Pro (except that a real Mac Pro is now a 2009 machine, because Apple hasn't updated the darn thing). Mine is going to be a photo editing machine (I'm an artist, photo teacher and MFA student in landscape photography, and this computer will hold my library, be my primary editing station and run the printer), so I didn't think I needed the extra oomph of the 7970 UNLESS it'll make the build a lot easier?
While it's my first Hackintosh, I've been using Macs since 1984 (and was briefly a Mac IT pro on a couple of occasions), and I've built quite a few PCs, so I have a relatively high level of technical skill. If editing the DSDT for a closely related card is easy, I'll take that route, but if it's going to add a lot of complexity, I'll just return the GPU and get the 7970.

-Dan

Hi all.
I have a R4E with cpu E5-4650 ES and GTS 250.
I install Mac OS 10.8.3 by myHark (I can't install by UniBeat - turn off screen after boot).
Everything work, only sound don't work.
In MultiBeat, If I check User DSDT then turn off screen after boot.
I read DSDT but I can't compile DSDT (error).

Please, help me fix my DSDT (Attachmented).

Thanks all.

PS: Sorry, My English very bad.

Does this work with an i7 3820?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back