Register

Asus X556U - 70% work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again.. one year later.. :p
First, i updated to Mojave 10.14.6.
Today what works for me:
Wifi - thanks to TP-LINK usb dongle work,
Touchpad - fully working with gestures (in system console i have spam of this message "VoodooI2CFTETouchpadDriver::FTE1001 Invalid report (0)" - but all works),
Screen - dimming work (from settings, i don't need shortcuts from keyboard),
Bluetooth - work,
NVRAM - work,
Audio - work,
Battery status - partially work, status "live" working only when i shut down mac, and boot again, i don't know why.
What i have problem now... if I use my DSDT with patches to touchpad, then i cannot disable NVIDIA GPU, when i use DSDT with patches to dissabling NVIDIA then this GPU don't show BUT my touchpad stop working (looking to running kexts VoodooI2CFTE don't start and i must use USB mouse) P.S.2 if i set "DropOEM" true, then MacOS don't boot.
Second problem but if i good understand is not hardware problem. iMessage don't login to AppleCloud, give me info with 12digit client code and AppleID to contact with Apple Support.

I attach report with this post.

Thanks for the help
I'm gonna try pasting your attached file into UEFI and see if it works. Thanks!

nope can u tell me how to get my wifi adapter working with catalina??
Until the developer releases a new version of the driver for Catalina, there’s no way you can make it functional in that version.

Until the developer releases a new version of the driver for Catalina, there’s no way you can make it functional in that version.
my adapter was qualcomm anthroes QCA9377 it was not working in mojave as well

my adapter was qualcomm anthroes QCA9377 it was not working in mojave as well
Hi. Sorry for the late response. I searched on the internet, and found there's no kext for Mojave that works with your adapter. If you want to make it work, there are two options:

Write a kext for that Mojave version: That would be a huge amount of work.

Buy a new adapter or change the Wi-Fi chipset (I bought an adapter from China, but due to Coronavirus, the packet can't exit China...).

Choose wisely.

Hi. Sorry for the late response. I searched on the internet, and found there's no kext for Mojave that works with your adapter. If you want to make it work, there are two options:

Write a kext for that Mojave version: That would be a huge amount of work.

Buy a new adapter or change the Wi-Fi chipset (I bought an adapter from China, but due to Coronavirus, the packet can't exit China...).

Choose wisely.
Which adapter u prefer cheapest one??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back