Contribute
Register

ASUS X550LC Guide( Works for most ASUS laptops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I have a ASUS X450LA and I would like to know if is possible to install Yosemite? Or would it be easier to try to install the mavericks? And if possible, where do I start? Notice that I did a hackintosh "successfully" from a dell 1525, but now with this ASUS I'm a little lost. :D

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Well, these are the information I found:
Laptop: ASUS X450LA
CPU: i5-4200u
Graphics: HD4400
Screen: 14.0" 16:9 (1366x768)
Chipset: HM77

This can help?

Impossible. i5-4200u uses a different socket which is not compatible with HM77 chipset. Haswell CPUs go with 8-series chipset.

As far as how you should install... see here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

CPU-Z, Everest and AIDA64 does not show the chipset model in my notebook, so I googled and some sites showed the HM77 chipset related to i5-4200U. My mistake, sorry. Searching more I believe that the correct Chipset is the HM87. Thanks for the help, I will try to do the procedures this weekend.

CPU-Z, Everest and AIDA64 does not show the chipset model in my notebook, so I googled and some sites showed the HM77 chipset related to i5-4200U. My mistake, sorry. Searching more I believe that the correct Chipset is the HM87. Thanks for the help, I will try to do the procedures this weekend.

You can see it in CPU-Z if you do txt file dump then look at the file (south bridge). Otherwise it is displayed as a device-id (for newer chips).

Definitely ASUS with modern hardware the correct approach is Clover...

You can see it in CPU-Z if you do txt file dump then look at the file (south bridge). Otherwise it is displayed as a device-id (for newer chips).

Definitely ASUS with modern hardware the correct approach is Clover...

Ah, yeah. Finally... in the txt file i found this:

Northbridge Intel Haswell-ULT rev. 09
Southbridge Intel ID9C43 rev. 04

I will try Clover method. Thanks.

Ah, yeah. Finally... in the txt file i found this:

Northbridge Intel Haswell-ULT rev. 09
Southbridge Intel ID9C43 rev. 04

I will try Clover method. Thanks.

Maybe old version of CPU-Z without support to decode device-id 9c43, which is HM8x (not sure what the 'x' is). Knowing the exact chipset is not important here -- I only ask about it in my profile requests because it is very important with HD3000/HD4000 6-series/7-series (as there is the possibility of "mixed" systems there).

Dear RehabMan,

I've installed to my notebook Yosemite, but there is some issue.
I read very lot about methods, guides, special stuffs, but i can't solve these problems.
- no sound
- 4 or 3mb RAM in HD4400: too slow cursor
- no wifi
There are installed FakePCIID kexts, but its not help.
Have you any idea, what i have to start the problem solving?

Best regards,
Magyarvizsla

Dear RehabMan,

I've installed to my notebook Yosemite, but there is some issue.
I read very lot about methods, guides, special stuffs, but i can't solve these problems.
- no sound
- 4 or 3mb RAM in HD4400: too slow cursor
- no wifi
There are installed FakePCIID kexts, but its not help.
Have you any idea, what i have to start the problem solving?

Best regards,
Magyarvizsla

Follow Clover guide in FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back