Contribute
Register

ASUS X550LC Guide( Works for most ASUS laptops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try do this, Im sure that I will need more help, because this my first build with a laptop.
Anyway if I cant do patch my DSDT, can I upload this for patch help?.

You will need all native SSDTs and DSDT.

Hi, guys I have managed to install with UniBeast Yosemite and it works almost perfectly.
I can not find three major drivers:

- The audio driver
-Wifi
- Manger battery and brightness

can you please help me with the kext to install?

model F550CC-XX675H

Thanks everybody

Hi, guys I have managed to install with UniBeast Yosemite and it works almost perfectly.
I can not find three major drivers:

- The audio driver
-Wifi
- Manger battery and brightness

can you please help me with the kext to install?

model F550CC-XX675H

Thanks everybody

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Backlight control: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Backlight control: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

I have the same model laptop, I have installed Mavericks/Yosemite and patched the kernel as per your guide (Thanks ReHabhan, no more automatic reboots :)

Automatic detection on Mavericks is "better" than Yosemite, even Mavericks looks cooler to me so I am sticking with Mavericks.

Right now I am stuck with the following issues.

No Audio (I could not find the folder Plugins, as mentioned by you in the above post. I backed up and removed VodooAudio and IOAudio as they were causing kernel panic.)

No Nvidia GEFOR CE 720M detection (results in poor gaphics quality as it is using my integrated Intel graphics card which causes skitching)

No WiFi ( :banghead: )

No Bluetooth (Not required)

One 2.0 USB point not working

Would be very helpful if you could spare some of your time and advice, thanks in advance

• :headbang:

Below is the output of lspci from Linux

Code:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT DRAM Controller (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 09)
00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT HD Audio Controller
(rev 09)
00:04.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Device 0a03 (rev 09)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Lynx Point-LP USB xHCI HC (rev 04)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Lynx Point-LP HECI #0
(rev 04)
[B]00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Lynx Point-LP HD Audio Controller[/B]
(rev 04)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Lynx Point-LP PCI Express Root Port 1
(rev e4)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Lynx Point-LP PCI Express Root Port 3
(rev e4)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Lynx Point-LP PCI Express Root Port 4
(rev e4)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Lynx Point-LP PCI Express Root Port 5
(rev e4)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Lynx Point-LP LPC Controller (rev 04)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Lynx Point-LP SATA Controller 1
[AHCI mode] (rev 04)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation Lynx Point-LP SMBus Controller (rev 04)
00:1f.6 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Lynx Point-LP
Thermal (rev 04)
02:00.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device
5287 (rev 01)
[B]02:00.1 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 12)[/B]
[B]03:00.0 Network controller: Ralink corp. RT3290 Wireless 802.11n 1T/1R PCIe[/B]
[B]03:00.1 Bluetooth: Ralink corp. RT3290 Bluetooth[/B]
[B]04:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF117M [GeForce 610M/710M/820M /
GT 620M/625M/630M/720M] (rev a1)[/B]

No Audio (I could not find the folder Plugins, as mentioned by you in the above post. I backed up and removed VodooAudio and IOAudio as they were causing kernel panic.)

Sounds like you're putting the cart before the horse. First you need an audio codec dump from Linux. Then you can search for a patched AppleHDA.

No Nvidia GEFOR CE 720M detection (results in poor gaphics quality as it is using my integrated Intel graphics card which causes skitching)

The discrete graphics capability in a switched dual-GPU configuration is not supported with OS X on hacks. Best you can do is disable the discrete part with SSDT/DSDT patches.

You need to use Intel only.

No WiFi ( :banghead: )
No Bluetooth (Not required)

One 2.0 USB point not working

Could be USB2/USB3 multiplex issue. Requires complex DSDT patches. But it depends on which kexts you're using for USB3 (GenericUSBHXCI or AppleUSBXHCI).

Thanks for the quick reply RehabMan :thumbup:

Sounds like you're putting the cart before the horse. First you need an audio codec dump from Linux. Then you can search for a patched AppleHDA.

I can not figure out how to dump the audio codec from Linux, can you provide some pointers?

The discrete graphics capability in a switched dual-GPU configuration is not supported with OS X on hacks. Best you can do is disable the discrete part with SSDT/DSDT patches.

You need to use Intel only.

It has automatically detected my Intel Graphics card as HD4400 but my card is actually HD4000, maybe that is what causing poor graphic performance. Is there a way to manually install kext for Intel HD 4000?

Could be USB2/USB3 multiplex issue. Requires complex DSDT patches. But it depends on which kexts you're using for USB3 (GenericUSBHXCI or AppleUSBXHCI).

I guess I am in no dire need of the third USB point, so its basically the Audio/Video/Battery and Wireless that I needed.

Oops! I almost forgot to mention about Battery Percentage, can you help me with that too?

I can not figure out how to dump the audio codec from Linux, can you provide some pointers?

Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'.

It has automatically detected my Intel Graphics card as HD4400 but my card is actually HD4000, maybe that is what causing poor graphic performance. Is there a way to manually install kext for Intel HD 4000?

Your lspci says you have Haswell. HD4000 is not Haswell (it is Ivy). I think you're misinformed about your own hardware.

I guess I am in no dire need of the third USB point, so its basically the Audio/Video/Battery and Wireless that I needed.

Oops! I almost forgot to mention about Battery Percentage, can you help me with that too?

You already have links in post #57.

Thanks RehabMan: I will patch my Audio and move on to any other thing later :beachball:

Your lspci says you have Haswell. HD4000 is not Haswell (it is Ivy). I think you're misinformed about your own hardware.

You are correct, I am still learning :crazy:

You already have links in post #57.

Thanks once again, I will fix my Audio and Battery now and ask anything else aftrewards.

Thanks a lot for your help, you are a super moderator. :clap:

I have been trying since that day to work around with Audio drivers but till today I have reached till conclusion :-

Only driver that worked somewhat is VodooHDA ( version 2.1) , nothing above 2.1 works. 2.1 produces to much breaks and is only valuable for system sounds. I have tried fixing it by providing exact Device and Vendor ID in the Vodoo info.plist and trying all the work arounds (Enable SSE, etc.) to no avail.

Later versions of Vodoo causes KP relating to Iokit.IOAudioFamily and IOPCIFamly.

I have tried every possibilitiy (layout ID = 3, specifying exact Device and Vendor ID's, etc.) with AppleHDA but neither does it enables the audio nor does it causes KP. :crazy:

Battery works half, it shows the amount of time left on battery but the percentage is constant at 0.

There is one good news though, the intergrated Intel 4400 card has been recognised and now I am getting full graphic acceleration but sadly no movies/videos for me (remember Audio?).

I sorted out graphics via putting IntelAzulFB=12 in my chameleon boot.plist and installing Intel HD 5000 kexts in S/L/E. Hope it helps others. :wave:

Hey guys, I have a ASUS X450LA and I would like to know if is possible to install Yosemite? Or would it be easier to try to install the mavericks? And if possible, where do I start? Notice that I did a hackintosh "successfully" from a dell 1525, but now with this ASUS I'm a little lost. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back