Contribute
Register

ASUS X550LC Guide( Works for most ASUS laptops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant get te bootloader to work. I cant even see my Windows partition listed in BIOS. I can only boot from usb now:banghead:

Boot using the USB and fix things from there.

How do i actually fix it? I have one 750gb HDD 1.st partition OSX 2nd: Windows 8.

How do i actually fix it? I have one 750gb HDD 1.st partition OSX 2nd: Windows 8.

Are you asking how to remove files with Finder?

Maybe you're not being very clear on what exactly the problem is.

No.. Im just having problems reaching the bootloader that i installed with multibeast. What do i need to delete?

No.. Im just having problems reaching the bootloader that i installed with multibeast. What do i need to delete?

Are you able to reach the bootloader that you installed on the HDD? There is no sense it worrying about kexts if you can't see the bootloader.

Not seeing the bootloader is because:
- BIOS is picky and doesn't recognize it is installed
OR
- You haven't installed it, have no active partition, have a 4k/AF drive such that the bootloader is not completely installed

ASUS BIOS is typically in the first category (picky BIOS). Some work by installing the bootloader to the EFI partition. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

Ok so I did every step on that tutorial but still no luck :(

After completing that tutorial I have the black screen again when booting to OSX via USB. :/

After completing that tutorial I have the black screen again when booting to OSX via USB. :/

But you now have the BIOS recognizing the bootloader?

Unfortunately not. :( It doesent show my HDD in BIOS as available boot device :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back