Contribute
Register

ASUS X550LC Guide( Works for most ASUS laptops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Hey So I haven't had the chance to fully get my hackintosh working but I'll update this thread and keep you guys posted, I struggled a lot with this but I got it to install successfully So I decided to share my knowledge to make things easier for you.
What You Need:
- 8GB USB STICK
- A mac pc
- Mavericks Application in App folder
My specs are the following:
- I5-4200U
- 1TB HDD
- 8GB RAM
- NVIDIA gt720m and Intel HD 4400 Graphics

So the first thing you want to do is make a backup usb or cd of your windows 8 os or any windows os because the disk will be completely wiped out.

First thing we need to do is format the usb drive. Go to Applications->Utilities-> Disk Utility, open that up and click on your flash drive on the left hand side. Then click on the partition tab and select 1 Partiton under Partition Layout and select Mac OS Extended(Journaled). Lastly click the options button and select Master Boot Record. After hit apply and wait. Download the latest version of UniBeast.

Run Unibeast and hit continue/next till you get to the disk selection part. Select your usb drive and then hit next, select Laptop Compatibility and Mavericks 10.9 and hit install.It should be stuck on Running Package Scripts for quite some time (30-60 minutes) depending on the speed of your usb drive. Once it's done open up the USB folder in Finder.

Open this post and scroll at the end of the first post and under attached files download the .zip file.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

After you have downloaded it you must enable ShowAllFiles to see hidden files. Google how to if you don't know. Then delete the mach_kernel inside your USB Drive folder. Then copy and paste the one you downloaded. Once you have done this go into your System->Library-> Extension folder. Find all NV kext and delete them. Once you have done that you are almost ready to install OS X !!

Go into your BIOS Disable Intel Virtualization Technology and Intel AES-NI. Disable Fast Boot and Secure Boot(Under Security Tab) and enable Launch CSM and Launch PXE opROM policy. Also make sure Legacy USB support is enabled.

Insert the USB drive with UniBeast and hit Esc at the when the BIOS shows up, select your USB drive when the menu pops up. Now type in the following while having USB selected in the boot menu.

IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -v -x -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0

You should be at the OS X install screen, note that if you're trackpad doesn't work use an external mouse. keep hitting next till you it asks you which disk you want to install it on. go to utilities and Disk Utilities. Select Your Hard Drive and under the Partition Tab select the number of partitions (1 for now) and select Mac OS Extended(Journaled) for the Format. Under options select GUID Partition Table and hit Apply.

now exit Disk Utility and choose your Hard Drive and install mavericks on it. Once it's done you should be able to boot into the partition using the same method. Run Multibeast and choose your settings. Enjoy! Note that the guide isn't finished I'll keep updating it when I get my Ethernet and WI-FI working and the boot loader.

Open this post and scroll at the end of the first post and under attached files download the .zip file.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html
Then delete the mach_kernel inside your USB Drive folder. Then copy and paste the one you downloaded.

Exactly what you don't want to do... Please read the first post so you understand the difference between the mach_kernel that is attached and a patched kernel created from vanilla mach_kernel and the provided perl patches.

I will probably remove the attached mach_kernel attachment as it should not be used and generally is causing confusion.

Hi I have Asus F550CC laptop. I have been trying to reach the installer for 2 days now.:banghead:I tried using your bootflags but im stuck at IOBluetoothHCI controller completed. Any suggestions? Help is greatly appreciated =) THX!

Hi I have Asus F550CC laptop. I have been trying to reach the installer for 2 days now.:banghead:I tried using your bootflags but im stuck at IOBluetoothHCI controller completed. Any suggestions? Help is greatly appreciated =) THX!

You need to remove the nvidia kexts from the USB (NV*, Geforce*) or disable the nvidia in BIOS (if possible).

Ok. What's the path of the kext's ? :/

Thank you veeeeeeeeeeeeery much :clap:Rehab Man! Finally got to installing :--):headbang:

When I boot with flags -x -v IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003 it stops at DRMstatus(Something about iTunes playback and then the screen turns black :( This happened after MultiBeast installation. Any help ?

- - - Updated - - -

Now on to the next problem... no doubt.
You guessed right :D

When I boot with flags -x -v IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003 it stops at DRMstatus(Something about iTunes playback and then the screen turns black :( This happened after MultiBeast installation. Any help ?
You guessed right :D

What is your screen resolution?

No need for "-x" with IGPlatformID. But IGPlatformID must be correct for your screen resolution... Also, make sure you removed the nvidia kexts. And also, you may need dart=0.

Note: Guide in post #1 is for a Haswell CPU, so much of what is there is not necessary with Ivy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back