Contribute
Register

ASUS X550LC Guide( Works for most ASUS laptops)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can not figure out how to dump the audio codec from Linux, can you provide some pointers?

Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'.

It has automatically detected my Intel Graphics card as HD4400 but my card is actually HD4000, maybe that is what causing poor graphic performance. Is there a way to manually install kext for Intel HD 4000?

Your lspci says you have Haswell. HD4000 is not Haswell (it is Ivy). I think you're misinformed about your own hardware.

I guess I am in no dire need of the third USB point, so its basically the Audio/Video/Battery and Wireless that I needed.

Oops! I almost forgot to mention about Battery Percentage, can you help me with that too?

You already have links in post #57.

Motherboard
ASUS X550
CPU
Intel i5 Haswell
Graphics
Nvidia GEFORCE 720M + Integrated Intel HD 4400 Haswell
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

Thanks RehabMan: I will patch my Audio and move on to any other thing later :beachball:

Your lspci says you have Haswell. HD4000 is not Haswell (it is Ivy). I think you're misinformed about your own hardware.

You are correct, I am still learning :crazy:

You already have links in post #57.

Thanks once again, I will fix my Audio and Battery now and ask anything else aftrewards.

Thanks a lot for your help, you are a super moderator. :clap:

Motherboard
ASUS X550
CPU
Intel i5 Haswell
Graphics
Nvidia GEFORCE 720M + Integrated Intel HD 4400 Haswell
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

I have been trying since that day to work around with Audio drivers but till today I have reached till conclusion :-

Only driver that worked somewhat is VodooHDA ( version 2.1) , nothing above 2.1 works. 2.1 produces to much breaks and is only valuable for system sounds. I have tried fixing it by providing exact Device and Vendor ID in the Vodoo info.plist and trying all the work arounds (Enable SSE, etc.) to no avail.

Later versions of Vodoo causes KP relating to Iokit.IOAudioFamily and IOPCIFamly.

I have tried every possibilitiy (layout ID = 3, specifying exact Device and Vendor ID's, etc.) with AppleHDA but neither does it enables the audio nor does it causes KP. :crazy:

Battery works half, it shows the amount of time left on battery but the percentage is constant at 0.

There is one good news though, the intergrated Intel 4400 card has been recognised and now I am getting full graphic acceleration but sadly no movies/videos for me (remember Audio?).

I sorted out graphics via putting IntelAzulFB=12 in my chameleon boot.plist and installing Intel HD 5000 kexts in S/L/E. Hope it helps others. :wave:

Motherboard
ASUS X450LA
CPU
i5-4200U/Haswell-ULT
Graphics
HD4400 14" 16:9 1366x768
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey guys, I have a ASUS X450LA and I would like to know if is possible to install Yosemite? Or would it be easier to try to install the mavericks? And if possible, where do I start? Notice that I did a hackintosh "successfully" from a dell 1525, but now with this ASUS I'm a little lost. :D

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I have a ASUS X450LA and I would like to know if is possible to install Yosemite? Or would it be easier to try to install the mavericks? And if possible, where do I start? Notice that I did a hackintosh "successfully" from a dell 1525, but now with this ASUS I'm a little lost. :D

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Motherboard
ASUS X450LA
CPU
i5-4200U/Haswell-ULT
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Well, these are the information I found:
Laptop: ASUS X450LA
CPU: i5-4200u
Graphics: HD4400
Screen: 14.0" 16:9 (1366x768)
Chipset: HM77

This can help?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
ASUS X450LA
CPU
i5-4200U/Haswell-ULT
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Impossible. i5-4200u uses a different socket which is not compatible with HM77 chipset. Haswell CPUs go with 8-series chipset.

As far as how you should install... see here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

CPU-Z, Everest and AIDA64 does not show the chipset model in my notebook, so I googled and some sites showed the HM77 chipset related to i5-4200U. My mistake, sorry. Searching more I believe that the correct Chipset is the HM87. Thanks for the help, I will try to do the procedures this weekend.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
CPU-Z, Everest and AIDA64 does not show the chipset model in my notebook, so I googled and some sites showed the HM77 chipset related to i5-4200U. My mistake, sorry. Searching more I believe that the correct Chipset is the HM87. Thanks for the help, I will try to do the procedures this weekend.

You can see it in CPU-Z if you do txt file dump then look at the file (south bridge). Otherwise it is displayed as a device-id (for newer chips).

Definitely ASUS with modern hardware the correct approach is Clover...

Motherboard
ASUS X450LA
CPU
i5-4200U/Haswell-ULT
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
You can see it in CPU-Z if you do txt file dump then look at the file (south bridge). Otherwise it is displayed as a device-id (for newer chips).

Definitely ASUS with modern hardware the correct approach is Clover...

Ah, yeah. Finally... in the txt file i found this:

Northbridge Intel Haswell-ULT rev. 09
Southbridge Intel ID9C43 rev. 04

I will try Clover method. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.