Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I found an MSI, an ASUS and a Zotac card I can grab today. All within $80 CAD ($62 USD)

- I’m assuming these are plug and play with Mojave?

- Are there any known compatibility issues with any of the 3 mentioned above?

i’ll keep the card as a back up in an absolute worst case scenario. Lemme know and I’ll run over and pick it up today.

Is this for a Kepler based GT710? It will work OOB with no need for WebDrivers. I believe it even works natively in Big Sur as well, most likely will be completely removed in future versions of macOS.

I don't think there will be compatibility issues, worth a try to see how it goes. I would get the 2GB version if possible. Get the ASUS model.

I really hope this works out for you, if it doesn't, we need to try some other things. I know it's a hassle but it may be related to the AMD drivers in Mojave and the software you're using that it hooks into. No guarantees that your issue will be solved, just like anything related to Hackintoshes ...it's all trial and error unfortunately.:crazy:

Last edited:
I think either the Gigabyte Titan ridge V1 or V2 would be your best bet.
You can look at CaseySJ's thread for info on flashing. There's a lot of good info about what works/doesn't and Casey has a Thunderbolt section outlined in the first post.
Titan Ridge and Raspberry Pi ordered :) I apologize if similar questions have already been answered, but I will need some more time to familiarize myself with the CaseySJ thread :). I have only one F_USB header and I'm using it for my Wi-Fi/bluetooth card. CaseySJ in his thread recommend 9 Pin USB Splitter 1-to-2. Will it have a negative impact on Titan Ridge ? Do I even need to connect it with USB header in addition to Thunberbolt header ? Second question is about initialization, is KGP's tutorial still valid in this matter ? Do I need to "initialize" Titan Ridge using Windows or can I go directly with flashing ?

Last edited:
Titan Ridge and Raspberry Pi ordered :) I apologize if similar questions have already been answered, but I will need some more time to familiarize myself with the CaseySJ thread :). I have only one F_USB header and I'm using it for my Wi-Fi/bluetooth card. CaseySJ in his thread recommend 9 Pin USB Splitter 1-to-2. Will it have a negative impact on Titan Ridge ? Do I even need to connect it with USB header in addition to Thunberbolt header ? Second question is about initialization, is KGP's tutorial still valid in this matter ? Do I need to "initialize" Titan Ridge using Windows or can I go directly with flashing ?

I originally bought a raspberry pi but didn’t have a use for it so I returned it. I ended up using this and it worked pretty well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SHSL9X9/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Yes, you can use kgp’s original tutorial if you don’t want to go thru the trouble of flashing. Flashing makes certain things work better (Casey’s thread has more info) But you may need to adjust the SSDT depending on which PCIe slot you put the card in.
No a splitter shouldn’t have a negative impact, although the USB 2.0 header is only required if you plug USB 2 devices directly to the thunderbolt card. If your thunderbolt device has it’s own USB 2 controller, it’ll use that.

I originally bought a raspberry pi but didn’t have a use for it so I returned it. I ended up using this and it worked pretty well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SHSL9X9/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Yes, you can use kgp’s original tutorial if you don’t want to go thru the trouble of flashing. Flashing makes certain things work better (Casey’s thread has more info) But you may need to adjust the SSDT depending on which PCIe slot you put the card in.
No a splitter shouldn’t have a negative impact, although the USB 2.0 header is only required if you plug USB 2 devices directly to the thunderbolt card. If your thunderbolt device has it’s own USB 2 controller, it’ll use that.
It took me a while, but I also had to convert from Clover and the old BIOS. I managed to upgrade to the latest BIOS version, macOS Big Sur 11.2.1, generate a USB mapping and done most of the OpenCore Post-Install advices. Everything seems to be working OK, even sleep. I also managed to flash my GC Titan Ridge with GC-Titan-Ridge-V2.0-Mod-NVM50-CaseySJ.bin firmware. But I have a problem (most likely) with the DROM generated by https://hackindrom.zapto.org. After activation, during startup I'm getting error message like on attached screenshot and it seems that patch is not applied at all and therefore Thunderbolt Local Node is not working I think I gave correct path for my GC Titan Ridge. @CaseySJ have you encountered this problem ? I'm also attaching my configuration. Thanks in advance for any advises.

EDIT: BTW. No longer Mojave, so please move this message to Big Sur topic.

Attachments

• drom-problem.jpeg
    drom-problem.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
  • config.plist.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 70
  • SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 53
  • ioreg.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 11.54.38.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 11.54.38.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 11.54.14.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 11.54.14.png
    764 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
It took me a while, but I also had to convert from Clover and the old BIOS. I managed to upgrade to the latest BIOS version, macOS Big Sur 11.2.1, generate a USB mapping and done most of the OpenCore Post-Install advices. Everything seems to be working OK, even sleep. I also managed to flash my GC Titan Ridge with GC-Titan-Ridge-V2.0-Mod-NVM50-CaseySJ.bin firmware. But I have a problem (most likely) with the DROM generated by https://hackindrom.zapto.org. After activation, during startup I'm getting error message like on attached screenshot and it seems that patch is not applied at all and therefore Thunderbolt Local Node is not working I think I gave correct path for my GC Titan Ridge. @CaseySJ have you encountered this problem ? I'm also attaching my configuration. Thanks in advance for any advises.

EDIT: BTW. No longer Mojave, so please move this message to Big Sur topic.

Try this
Also make sure SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml is first. It has method DTGP which is used in other SSDTs (SSDT-PLUG.aml and SSDT-TB3).

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I tried a similar change, but I skipped PEGP :facepalm: :). Thanks a lot for your help! I'm starting to test compatibility with thunderbolt devices. BTW. Why this change is needed ? The latest copies of Titan Ridge, have changes in firmware ?
Now I have another problem :) Activating this SSDT causes KP when waking up from sleep. Should I analyze the logs or this is normal and sleep will not work with Thunderbolt? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 11.05.16.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 11.05.16.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 52
I tried a similar change, but I skipped PEGP :facepalm: :). Thanks a lot for your help! I'm starting to test compatibility with thunderbolt devices. BTW. Why this change is needed ? The latest copies of Titan Ridge, have changes in firmware ?
Now I have another problem :) Activating this SSDT causes KP when waking up from sleep. Should I analyze the logs or this is normal and sleep will not work with Thunderbolt? Thanks.

Yes I would check the logs to see what is causing a panic

Hello

I broke the PRIME X299 DELUXE in a year.
I can't get the same one, so I'm thinking of buying an ASUS WS X299 Sage. Not 10G.
Is there anything new in the ACPI and kexts folders?
Since I use a 32bit application, I boot with Mojave's CLOVER.
Use Thunderbolt.

Thank you.

Hello

I broke the PRIME X299 DELUXE in a year.
I can't get the same one, so I'm thinking of buying an ASUS WS X299 Sage. Not 10G.
Is there anything new in the ACPI and kexts folders?
Since I use a 32bit application, I boot with Mojave's CLOVER.
Use Thunderbolt.

Thank you.
I'm using it with Mojave and Clover (thunderbolt working). so far so good. No particular changes.

wondering if anyone has seen something like this:

asus x299 prime deluxe II
opencore 0.5.8
mojave 10.14.6 - all updates applied
USB kext under 15-port limit for all controllers
no port limit disable kext

USB mass storage is unreliable - if i move a lot of data to a USB-attached hard disk, eventually the port locks up, any processes trying to read or write the disk hang and are next to impossible to kill. sometimes i have to reboot the machine to restore sanity. internal NVMe disks work fine; the problem is only with external USB disks. this problem seems to exist on all the controllers in the machine.

i think i've had this problem since the beginning (july 2020) across multiple versions of 10.14, but i don't rely heavily on external USB disks so the problem was not obvious.

i don't find a lot on this from google so its got me wondering just what might be wrong here. i followed the dortania guide to the letter and everything else works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back