Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think this is due to RadeonBoost? If so, it would be one of a few examples of real world benefits.
The Final Cut boost is major. It almost scaled exactly to a 25% boost. I did a pre-post test.

Pre-Radeonkext I was taking about 58 seconds to export this specific project I was working on.

Same project export after applying it, I'm getting the export time in 41-42 seconds.

I'm also using Radeonkext 1.0 because I believe Vega 64 support was removed because of broken fan control (see this post: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...-scores-use-radeonboost.2231366/post-28381763 )

Seems to be working fine on my end with my Sapphire+ Nitro. And even if it's not ramping it up correctly, it's not going any further over 50 degrees from my prolonged testing so far, so I'm happy with it.

Not to mention, Final Cut and the whole system overall seems MUCH more responsive (I thought it was perfectly fine before, but wow, this is great now).

If macOS and the bootloader (Clover or OpenCore) are installed on the SATA SSD, then CCC is still my recommended app for cloning the SATA SSD to a new 8TB NVMe SSD. Just format the 8TB NVMe SSD ahead of time as follows:
  • Name: Anything appropriate
  • Format: APFS
  • Scheme: GUID Partition Map <-- this is critical
You may either attach EFIClone to the CCC Task for automated backup of the EFI partition, or you may simply do this after the cloning task has finished:
  • Mount EFI partition of Source and Destination SSDs
  • Manually copy the EFI folder from Source to Destination
This was my exact process for my backup drive (manually copying the EFI folder from the source to the destination drive).

Then I gotta deal w/ all the weird activation nonsense that comes with booting from another drive, but that's relatively painless.

Thank you!!!!!!

@CaseySJ I forgot to ask, there’s no other step for it being an NVME drive coming from a SATA volume?

Thanks, Its works fine now. The BIOS version is updated successful.

Did you ever get macOS to install? I think I’m running into the same issue as you where it constantly reboots...

Did you ever get macOS to install? I think I’m running into the same issue as you where it constantly reboots...
Now, my PC works fine, before the BIOS did not update successful, and installation process is not complete. So, it will constantly reboot. BTW, the bios ''DRAM frequency' set to 2133ghz firstly, or the R6EE had reboot issue.

Now, my PC works fine, before the BIOS did not update successful, and installation process is not complete. So, it will constantly reboot. BTW, the bios ''DRAM frequency' set to 2133ghz firstly, or the R6EE had reboot issue.

So you're not using XMP setting? I used one of my old ssds and it's booting okay. Bought a new one to test

So you're not using XMP setting? I used one of my old ssds and it's booting okay. Bought a new one to test
XMP works now, but the BIOS need reboot twice. Maybe the SSD cannot work on the DRAM.M2 slot.

I two words : just stuck , since three weeks ( too)
- I inadvertently clear cmos on rear io when I inserted a USB stick :O
- Then the problems started : no more able to use my Mojave SSD (I can only use a High Sierra SSD backup from Time Machine).
- Flashed the two bioses 0702 and adjusted the settings ( with or without XMP and other trys)
- I tried about twenty EFIs (yours thanks) even one with our old Frankenstein friend Clover....:crazy::lol:
- Just stuck with usb Big Sur installer after verbose sequence (without error) before recovery log screen : black screen or reboot loop
- Same issue with Mojave or Catalina
- Windows and High Sierra work normally for all day to day work.
- But unable to manage macOS fresh installation : i even changed my CPU ....
- I have time and will be patient but very annoying :beachball::mrgreen:

Last edited:
I two words : just stuck , since three weeks ( too)
- I inadvertently clear cmos on rear io when I inserted a USB stick :O
- Then the problems started : no more able to use my Mojave SSD (I can only use a High Sierra SSD backup from Time Machine).
- Flashed the two bioses 0702 and adjusted the settings ( with or without XMP and other trys)
- I tried about twenty EFIs (yours thanks) even one with our old Frankenstein friend Clover....:crazy::lol:
- Just stuck with usb Big Sur installer after verbose sequence (without error) before recovery log screen : black screen or reboot loop
- Same issue with Mojave or Catalina
- Windows and High Sierra work normally for all day to day work.
- But unable to manage macOS fresh installation : i even changed my CPU ....
- I have time and will be patient but very annoying :beachball::mrgreen:

I wonder if this is an issue with rampage boards? I swear I had macOS working fine for a while though. I don't know why it decided to crap out all of the sudden. My 960 EVO can install fine but my 970 EVO and EVO plus just locks up then reboots...

I used to have it installed on my 970 EVO but tried clearing it a couple days ago to see if I could figure out my sleep problem.

I wonder if this is an issue with rampage boards? I swear I had macOS working fine for a while though. I don't know why it decided to crap out all of the sudden. My 960 EVO can install fine but my 970 EVO and EVO plus just locks up then reboots...

I used to have it installed on my 970 EVO but tried clearing it a couple days ago to see if I could figure out my sleep problem.
Same for me : I tried to do clean install on 970 EVO or WD Black SN750 or Classic SSD : just locks up then reboots too.

Only with the High Sierra installer I was almost able to handle the installation on a SSD , but at 2 minutes remaining the process aborted: "error could not format installation disk"

The strangest thing is that before my accidental clear cmos : my installed Mojave SSD was booting normally and running daily ...

Same for me : I tried to do clean install on 970 EVO or WD Black SN750 or Classic SSD : just locks up then reboots too.

Only with the High Sierra installer I was almost able to handle the installation on a SSD , but at 2 minutes remaining the process aborted: "error could not format installation disk"

The strangest thing is that before my accidental clear cmos : my installed Mojave SSD was booting normally and running daily ...

Yes! That’s exactly what I’m running into. On the rampage encore right? I’m tempted to just buy a different board and return the rampage

I’ve spent over two days on this and getting pretty frustrated. I’ll try cloning my 960 evo to my 970 evo to see if that works...
I know the 970 evo works fine since I can install windows or install mac on a real mac but once I put it in the hack it starts freezing after a little bit. Now I can’t even login

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back