Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because MacPro is a real desktop.
No need to change anything else.

Maybe edit DeviceProperties in your config to match the PCI path of your GPU properly? But that’s purely cosmetic. You can use Hackintool to find the PCI path and simply replace mine for both GPU and GPU HDMI audio.
Ok i did it...i changed PCIe slot for my card. A last question...sorry but i'm new to OC and i'm reading Dortania Guide for most passages...
When i boot with OC i see EFI partition too of my SSD...how to hide them? I know that scanpolicy=0 should let you see only base and boot HD but i see EFI partition too.

Ok i did it...i changed PCIe slot for my card. A last question...sorry but i'm new to OC and i'm reading Dortania Guide for most passages...
When i boot with OC i see EFI partition too of my SSD...how to hide them? I know that scanpolicy=0 should let you see only base and boot HD but i see EFI partition too.

that’s a good guide. You can set scan policy based on your preference by looking at the OC documentation.

I personally use 0 and only see 3 partitions: Windows, Macintosh HD, Recovery

@izo1 i flashed bios to 3203 version...with your OC EFI the system started and everything it's ok but i had 2 strange issues....when i switched off the pc and on again system remain with black screen and display on sage shows 00
So i restarted again the pc and i've message that bios post was in safe mode...maybe there are some settings to enable\disable in this 3203 version? There are voices different from 2002 version

Last edited:
@izo1 @thenightflyer

The same happened to me: a little while ago i updated bios to version 3203, i set the new bios exactly as in the 2002 version and when restarted the monitor remains black.

@izo1 i flashed bios to 3203 version...with your OC EFI the system started and everything it's ok but i had 2 strange issues....when i switched off the pc and on again system remain with black screen and display on sage shows 00
So i restarted again the pc and i've message that bios post was in safe mode...maybe there are some settings to enable\disable in this 3203 version? There are voices different from 2002 version

00 on mobos is usually to do with bad memory, 8pin aux power, dead board, corrupt BIOS and so on.

I suggest you reflash the mobo with bios flashback once more, clear the CMOS by removing the battery method (with power unplugged), reseat the memory modules, and maybe reseat the CPU as well.

@izo1 @thenightflyer

The same happened to me: a little while ago i updated bios to version 3203, i set the new bios exactly as in the 2002 version and when restarted the monitor remains black.

Same as above.

Also both of you should make sure Above 4G is enabled, it's a requirement or you'll get a black screen and you have to clear CMOS.

So a short anecdote.

Received the 10980XE and it had worse performance (especially with overclocking) than the 9980XE due to meltdown security patches from Intel.

So went back to 9980XE.

I am also finding out lately that 2 for AVX and 6 for AVX512 is a really solid number. I beat the Mac Pro 28core scores in Cinebench easily.

I changed GPU slot from 3 to 1 and so i put my thunderbolt controller to slot 4 (i've a patched titan ridge tb!)
Now i cannot see port 7 enabled...maybe it's a slot number issue.
I'm not able to correct it.
here is the original ssdt when TB was in slot 2 and port 7 enabled. and an ioreg of tb in slot 4
Any help?

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 41
  • iMac Pro.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I changed GPU slot from 3 to 1 and so i put my thunderbolt controller to slot 4 (i've a patched titan ridge tb!)
Now i cannot see port 7 enabled...maybe it's a slot number issue.
I'm not able to correct it.
here is the original ssdt when TB was in slot 2 and port 7 enabled. and an ioreg of tb in slot 4
Any help?

Why not use Slot 2 for TB card (with cable connected) and GPU in Slot 3?

I used It in that way but i tried to move gpu to recommended slot

Anyone have overall slower performance with 10.15.7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back