Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@izo1 I tried your EFI....everything seems to be ok but with your settings i've no more bluetooth...maybe because when you mapped USB ports you have it in a different port...i connected it in the internal as you did and showed in KGP topic...how can i enable it and use your EFI? Actually my bluetooth is mapped on HS01 internal USB Controller port

Last edited:
@izo1 I tried your EFI....everything seems to be ok but with your settings i've no more bluetooth...maybe because when you mapped USB ports you have it in a different port...i connected it in the internal as you did and showed in KGP topic...how can i enable it and use your EFI? Actually my bluetooth is mapped on HS01 internal USB Controller port

Edit the X299 USB map by showing the package > editing the .plist and changing the usb to the port you’re using for your BT card

@izo1
Hi,
I saw that you connected the radeon VII to slot 1. And the thunderbolt card to slot 2. I have the radeon VII powercolor: if i connect it to slot 1, slot 2 remains free to connect the titan ridge thunderbolt card?
Thank you

@izo1
Hi,
I saw that you connected the radeon VII to slot 1. And the thunderbolt card to slot 2. I have the radeon VII powercolor: if i connect it to slot 1, slot 2 remains free to connect the titan ridge thunderbolt card?
Thank you

The only reason I can fit Radeon VII in Slot 1 is because I have a waterblock on it so it becomes a 1 slot card. And I can connect Titan Ridge card into Slot 2 without any issues.

Most GPUs are 2 slots (and more, ie the new NVIDIA Ampere FE cards are 3 slots) so you can use the slots below the Titan Ridge card. Just make sure you put it in a x16 slot because even though all the slots on the motherboard at x16, not all of them are x16 truly.

See the SAGE/10G manual below with boxes of red where they are true x16 slots for your GPU.
Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 9.35.01 AM.png

You can use PCIEX16_3 slot which will also take over PCIEX16_4 since it's a 2 slot card. It will be right under the Titan Ridge card, which is a single slot card.

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 9.40.38 AM.png

@izo1

I understand. Thank you very much. I plugged the Radeon VII into slot 5

@izo1

One last thing. I have the bios 2002. Are the settings for the video card you see in the photo okay?

@izo1 i changed your HS02 to HS01 because in my system that is the internal BT port and it's ok now...just a curiosity why did you set your SMBIOS as MacPro7,1? and not as imacpro1,1? And i've gpu to 3rd slot and TB on 2nd do i have to change something in your conf?

@izo1 i changed your HS02 to HS01 because in my system that is the internal BT port and it's ok now...just a curiosity why did you set your SMBIOS as MacPro7,1? and not as imacpro1,1? And i've gpu to 3rd slot and TB on 2nd do i have to change something in your conf?

Because MacPro is a real desktop.
No need to change anything else.

Maybe edit DeviceProperties in your config to match the PCI path of your GPU properly? But that’s purely cosmetic. You can use Hackintool to find the PCI path and simply replace mine for both GPU and GPU HDMI audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back