Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ll work on boot if I unplug / replug before the BIOS kicks in.

None of the Thunderbolt boot options seem to make a difference in the applicable Thunderbolt menu in the BIOS.

edit: Interesting observation.

A reboot (via Restart in the menu) doesn't keep the devices connected. I have to unplug / replug the cable and then it all comes back (after booting into MacOS/ and presumably when the system reaches the BIOS).

Is this a side effect of the current method (pre-flashing the card to the new custom firmware)?

It is a Hackintosh after all, not everything is going to work 100% ;)

@djbuddha sorry for the delay but i've been busy. I tried your EFI with Clover and it's ok for me too...but now i switched to OC....i'm still studying it.

We literally solved it today :headbang:

It is a Hackintosh after all, not everything is going to work 100% ;)

Fair, I’m just wondering if this is normal behaviour for the process of this card before flashing. I’ll happily take it if this is how it’ll stay (it’s working and even hot plugs now). But aiming for perfection is always good right? :headbang:

Fair, I’m just wondering if this is normal behaviour for the process of this card before flashing. I’ll happily take it if this is how it’ll stay (it’s working and even hot plugs now). But aiming for perfection is always good right? :headbang:

It should work better flashed because macOS will see it as a real thunderbolt card.

Flashing takes a minute and you should just do it. Titan Ridge cards are what $70 on eBay? Not a biggie if you fry it :mrgreen:

It should work better flashed because macOS will see it as a real thunderbolt card.

Flashing takes a minute and you should just do it. Titan Ridge cards are what $70 on eBay? Not a biggie if you fry it :mrgreen:

I just did a twitch stream using my new MacBook Pro and randomly my DJ controller’s right channel just died out of nowhere mid-stream. My tech luck of late has been dicey. I’m going to order a backup card- and if my flash succeeds, I’m going to flash the 2nd card because who doesn’t want more Thunderbolt :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back