Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Are you using kgp’s Clover? or OpenCore? If kgp’s clover, you dont need to edit the aml file and just copy it to the ACPI folder. If you’re using OpenCore, use MaciASL and just do a search replace (It’ll be at the top of the file). Copy it to the ACPI folder and make sure you add the .AML to the config plist entry.

I'm using KGP's clover. So I only need to alter the config.plist to add the aml when using Opencore, or also w/ KGP's clover config plist?

@izo1 Is that AML is for OC or Clover? I grabbed the SSDT-X299-TB3HP..aml from github, assuming that's the one I need.

I'm using KGP's clover. So I only need to alter the config.plist to add the aml when using Opencore, or also w/ KGP's clover config plist?

@izo1 Is that AML is for OC or Clover? I grabbed the SSDT-X299-TB3HP..aml from github, assuming that's the one I need.

Yes SSDT-X299-TB3HP is correct for Non-flashed. Clover you dont need to edit config plist

Yes SSDT-X299-TB3HP is correct for Non-flashed. Clover you dont need to edit config plist

The drive lights up, flashes a bit like it's reading, doesn't pop up.

I'm assuming it's the patched folder under ACPI on the EFI partition correct?

The drive lights up, flashes a bit like it's reading, doesn't pop up.

I'm assuming it's the patched folder under ACPI on the EFI partition correct?

Maybe not enough power? Can you use a USB power splitter? What kind of drive is this, does it have a power brick or self powered?

Did you connect the PSU power to your TB3 card? Remember that TB3 and USB-C can provide 100w of power....so it needs power to power external devices.

And yes it needs to go into your patched ACPI folder in Clover.

Maybe not enough power? Can you use a USB power splitter? What kind of drive is this, does it have a power brick or self powered?

Did you connect the PSU power to your TB3 card?

And yes it needs to go into your patched ACPI folder in Clover.

Both PCIE power connectors are in, USB is in, TB3 header is in. Card is in slot 2, power supply is a Corsair 850M 80 plus gold

as I typed this, I rebooted

THERE’S THE DRIVE

But I don’t think hotplug is working lol

Edit: ... yup, hotplug isn't happening. But ... this is the first time TB3 is working on my machine in MacOS

Hehehe ... I'm going to snap

I think ... and this is an assumption that either the cable is messed up or my TB3 header on the board is dead.

Reason, I unplugged the cable entirely. The Lacie still shows up. Still no hotplug. This is my 2nd Titan Ridge card and it's acting exactly like the first one did. What are the odds I had 2 dead cards.

Now I'm reading this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/in-progress-ssdt-for-thunderbolt-3-hotplug.248784/

It looks like Method 2 applies to me.

..... all these months and this seems to be the issue. WOW. I'm going to keep reading about this.

Hehehe ... I'm going to snap

I think ... and this is an assumption that either the cable is messed up or my TB3 header on the board is dead.

Reason, I unplugged the cable entirely. The Lacie still shows up. Still no hotplug. This is my 2nd Titan Ridge card and it's acting exactly like the first one did. What are the odds I had 2 dead cards.

Now I'm reading this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/in-progress-ssdt-for-thunderbolt-3-hotplug.248784/

It looks like Method 2 applies to me.

..... all these months and this seems to be the issue. WOW. I'm going to keep reading about this.

Method 2 is for Alpine Ridge afaik, not Titan Ridge. So you still need to use the onboard cable.

Method 2 is for Alpine Ridge afaik, not Titan Ridge. So you still need to use the onboard cable.
Wanna laugh?

Cable is disconnected, dock is working.

WTF....... no hot plug for the dock, but I can eject / connect drives. The dock has to be plugged in at cold boot. And those steps that are named look like they apply to my card.

So what are the odds that Gigabyte sent me an alpine ridge w/ a titan ridge branding on it? This makes NO sense.]

@izo1 & @djlild7hina :

edit: I'm going to attempt this, I have my AML open in MaciASL. According to the guide, my RP05 entry is correct, but according what is said here, my PC00@0 entry needs to be PCI0@0. I can't find it when I search the AML. In the link above: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/in-progress-ssdt-for-thunderbolt-3-hotplug.248784/ I'm attempting method 2.

I also want to apologize profusely for my n00b ways here.

Last edited:
Wanna laugh?

Cable is disconnected, dock is working.

WTF....... no hot plug for the dock, but I can eject / connect drives. The dock has to be plugged in at cold boot. And those steps that are named look like they apply to my card.

So what are the odds that Gigabyte sent me an alpine ridge w/ a titan ridge branding on it? This makes NO sense.

Well Gigabyte sucks in general wouldn't be surprised.

But take a look in Device Manager and see what card you have lol

There's 2 versions of Titan Ridge I believe.... REV v1.0 (which is what I have) and REV v2.0

It's easy to tell if it's Titan Ridge, it has a big shroud that covers the card and it says Titan Ridge on it haha

Well Gigabyte sucks in general wouldn't be surprised.

But take a look in Device Manager and see what card you have lol

There's 2 versions of Titan Ridge I believe.... REV v1.0 (which is what I have) and REV v2.0

It's easy to tell if it's Titan Ridge, it has a big shroud that covers the card and it says Titan Ridge on it haha

That made my night LMAO.

It's a GC-TITAN RIDGE REV 1.0 LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back