Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@djlild7hina

Hi,
one last thing.I use istatmenus and with clover it was very detailed thanks to the use of the kext you see on the screen. In particular, i was using fakeSMC modified by KGP which i am attaching here.
With opencore it is possible to use this fakeSMC and the other kext in the screen instead of virtualSMC or can there be problems?
Thank you!

I'm not sure if it works or not. One way to find out :lol: Just make sure to make a backup of your existing efi and replace all the virtualSMC kexts with the FakeSMC ones (FakeSMC.kext being first).

@izo1
Aloha, I am using your base efi for my rig x299sage/10g but I am installing an i9- 10980xe cpu. I noticed on the ASUS site that the current bios release is 2002. Would it be safe to use the patched 3101 bios? I noticed that on your signature that you have i9-9980xe cpu and wondering if I had to use a different bios. Thank you for your response.

Latest is actually 3101, but ASUS being stupid, broke the MSR lock button so the BIOS needs to be patched to re-enable that button to function. On top of the patching, you will need AWAC with that firmware and your CPU.

Looks like your question was answered here.

@izo1 Did you edit in your SSDT-TBOLT3.aml TB DROM? I'm referring to the version contained in your validate 0.60 EFI ...
Tx a lot

Downgrading the BIOS is easy with USB flashback.

I'm preparing to use your latest EFI published in the github repository of @djlild7hina. if I would edit my DROM, should I name my SSDT as yours and substitute the TB3 SSDT in your EFI, right?

P.S. Would you remember please to post your BIOS settings? :):)

Looks like Asus finally released the new BIOS for Pre Cascade Lake X motherboards
3203 for WS boards and 3105 for the rest. Shouldn't have to patch anymore with UEFITool

I'm preparing to use your latest EFI published in the github repository of @djlild7hina. if I would edit my DROM, should I name my SSDT as yours and substitute the TB3 SSDT in your EFI, right?

P.S. Would you remember please to post your BIOS settings? :):)

I haven't tested my TB3 yet (no devices on hand), but it shows up fine in system preferences after a flashed Titan Ridge card without a DROM update.

Also here's the .CMO files for the BIOS. Note that the fans have a custom curve and you should probably reset them to defaults. Also some settings do not get applied when you load .CMO files in ASUS BIOS, including Above 4G which must be on so make sure it's on after loading the preset. Also COMM ports probably need to be turned off too since it doesn't carry over. And also check to MSR Lock setting too after applying.

Attachments

• SAGE10G_BIOS_SETTINGS_3101.CMO.zip
    26.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Guide for Replacing Asus BIOS Logo with Apple Logo

(posted it in the Big Sur X299 thread for future reference)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back