Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that switching to a new generation of CPU is an understandable reason to upgrade the bios, if not why? So for now I'm sticking with the previous one, according to the generation of my respective CPUs.

@WoodCabin
This is minimal set for boot. Of course you can add folders, files, preferences(including ACPI replacements) for make your Hack more functional and beautiful.

Last edited:
No. Only in slot 1 is not possible because the Titan Ridge must be connected to slot 2. So do you recommend connecting the video card to slot 5?

Yeah I would try slot 5. If it's still black screen on BIOS that's odd

Wow!! Working !! :beachball::beachball::beachball:
Thank you @djlild7hina @yapan4 :thumbup::thumbup:

The provided EFI boots me Catalina in Bios 3006 patched by @djlild7hina. It is a pity that it does not work in Bios 2002, this afternoon I will update all the ssdt for the cosmetic issue and when I have everything well I will test with the bios 3105

@yapan4 I have checked that the config.plist of your efi does not have ACPI replacements, do I leave it empty or do I put the replacements that it had in my old config.plist?

@djlild7hina Now that I have verified that the tenth generation i9x works well, I am going to buy the 10980xe but I think I am going to buy the Asus WS SAGE, in terms of configuration, is there any difference with your model? or is it just the 10g network? I want to change it because in the Prime Deluxe (i & II) the thunderbolt card has to go in the PCIe 16x_3 file, the graphics in the PCIe 16x_1 the last PCIe 16x does not give 16 lines, I have an Asus Hyper 16x card ( 4 HD´s M2) and it only recognizes me 2, if the Asus Hyper I put it in the PCIe 16x_3 it recognizes the 4 disks, but the Titan does not work well in the last slot. I guess the Asus WS Sage won't have that problem ...

Another matter, I have recently read that many users have problems with the Radeon VII, in my system it works perfectly, if you want I can do tests, maybe it is due to differences between Clover / OpenCore, I can do the tests they need, regards.

The Sage and Sage/10G are pretty similar aside from ethernet and USB ports. If you don't need 10G, the original Sage will be fine or even the new Sage II.
NOTE: that the asus hyper might not work on the Sage boards since i don't believe the PCIe slots support bifurcation. You most likely will have to get a PCIe card with it built in like the new Mac Pros.
Also thunderbolt card has to go in Slot-2 if you don't go through the patching firmware route.

If you ever find a 10980xe i'm jealous! Thinking of selling my 9960/Sage combo.

I just tried BIOS 3105 on my Prime X299 Deluxe, and it's not working for me. My Hack wouldn't get through the initial boot progress bar, so I reverted to 2002 and everything is working again. Not sure what's changed, and I didn't have time tonight to debug the problem.

You may need SSDT-AWAC and disable MSR lock in the BIOS

@yapan4

1- One of the ACPI replacements is PC00-PCI0, if I make this change, will I have to modify the 3 ssdt's that you sent me in your efi? I guess so. I open the MaciAsl, I open your ssdt´s and I look for PC00 and I substitute for PCI0 (for example) to do this in all the replacements that I activate.

2- The 3 ssdt´s that you sent me, do they replace any of the ones that I already had in my EFI?

You sent me:
SSDT-EC-USBX (Replaces my old SSDT-EC & SSDT-X299-USBX?)
SSDT-RTC0
SSDT-SBUS-MCHC

My Old EFI:
SSDT-DTPG
SSDT-EC
SSDT-X299-ANS
SSDT-X299-ETH
SSDT-X299-HDEF
SSDT-X299-PMCR
SSDT-X299-RadeonVII-WEGVII
SSDT-X299-SAT1
SSDT-X299-TB3HP
SSDT-X299-THSS
SSDT-X299-USBX
SSDT-X299-XHC
SSDT-X299-XHCI

@djlild7hina

The first thing I am going to do is buy the 10980xe and test it on the Asus Prime Deluxe, I will try to make the Titan Ridge work in the last slot, I will inform myself about the Flash Titan Ridge, I hope that one of the advantages is being able to put the Titan in another slot pcie that is not the third, that would be perfect because I did not need to change the motherboard and the Asus Hyper would be worth it, it would be perfect.
I have noticed a drop in temperature with the new bios 3006. I have an OC of 4.5 (Sync All Cores) AVX 3-2 and Voltage 1,120v, I do not exceed 60 degrees, very cool, even with Cinebench, GB5 = 12,100, it remains at its original TDP, 160Watt.

Thank you both for the support,:clap: if you go through Valencia, you have some paid beers! :thumbup:

I got a 9980xe, and I had a 7980xe... IMHO if u get a 7th gen or a 9th gen or 10th gen it doesn’t matter, it’s pretty much all the same. Even swapping a 16 core for a 18 is pretty much useless I think. Reality is that 14nm intel node is prehistoric, if MacOS would be 100% compatible (and it seems it’s not) With AMD threadripper or even 3950x Ryzen that would be the best bang for the buck. Anyway, we’ll all switch to Apple CPUs sooner or later and, according to the latest rumors, it will be a big thing.

The real reason I’m enjoying my 9980xe is being able to clock it 2 cores at 5Ghz to 18 at 4.1 GHz and with acceptable temps (I got a 360 aio). I’m enjoying single core performance faster than any real Mac and multi core similar to the 24 core Mac Pro:headbang:

speaking of GPUs, since macOS doesn’t care about gaming, compute performance of Metal + Radeon are ok. Let’s see what Apple will do in discrete graphics.

if Apple will release a super Mac mini or a 32” iMac with their CPUs and decent specs... I’m in!

@yapan4

1- One of the ACPI replacements is PC00-PCI0, if I make this change, will I have to modify the 3 ssdt's that you sent me in your efi? I guess so. I open the MaciAsl, I open your ssdt´s and I look for PC00 and I substitute for PCI0 (for example) to do this in all the replacements that I activate.

2- The 3 ssdt´s that you sent me, do they replace any of the ones that I already had in my EFI?

You sent me:
SSDT-EC-USBX (Replaces my old SSDT-EC & SSDT-X299-USBX?)
SSDT-RTC0
SSDT-SBUS-MCHC

My Old EFI:
SSDT-DTPG
SSDT-EC
SSDT-X299-ANS
SSDT-X299-ETH
SSDT-X299-HDEF
SSDT-X299-PMCR
SSDT-X299-RadeonVII-WEGVII
SSDT-X299-SAT1
SSDT-X299-TB3HP
SSDT-X299-THSS
SSDT-X299-USBX
SSDT-X299-XHC
SSDT-X299-XHCI

@djlild7hina

The first thing I am going to do is buy the 10980xe and test it on the Asus Prime Deluxe, I will try to make the Titan Ridge work in the last slot, I will inform myself about the Flash Titan Ridge, I hope that one of the advantages is being able to put the Titan in another slot pcie that is not the third, that would be perfect because I did not need to change the motherboard and the Asus Hyper would be worth it, it would be perfect.
I have noticed a drop in temperature with the new bios 3006. I have an OC of 4.5 (Sync All Cores) AVX 3-2 and Voltage 1,120v, I do not exceed 60 degrees, very cool, even with Cinebench, GB5 = 12,100, it remains at its original TDP, 160Watt.

Thank you both for the support,:clap: if you go through Valencia, you have some paid beers! :thumbup:
1- that's right

2- This requires a extended knowledge of ACPI, AML and your X299 and other specific hardware that I do not have. So sorry, I can't help here. (In fact in this place I also ask for help another users, hee-hee.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back