Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @djlild7hina How many different clock change files are there? Awac? RTC0? some more? so I am testing them one by one with the different configurations

Thanks @djlild7hina How many different clock change files are there? Awac? RTC0? some more, so I am testing them one by one with the different configurations

It's either AWAC or RTC0. RTC0 replaces AWAC. So your SSDTs (ordered in config.plist) should look like this:
BIOS 2002:
1. SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml
2. SSDT-PLUG.aml
3. SSDT-EC-USBX.aml

BIOS 3006 (patched), BIOS 3105 (unpatched)
1. SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml
2. SSDT-PLUG.aml
3. SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
4. SSDT-AWAC.aml

In these minutes I have collected information from the system, I am in bios 3006 patched (from your Github repository) Mojave starts with AWAC and with RTC0, Catalina with none. I am using Clover, v5103, I feel like using OpenCore but configuring my system with OpenCore is too complicated for me, I want to do it, this holidays I want to dedicate time to OpenCore. I attach the EFI, IOReg and the two .aml that I use for the tests, I also attach a screenshot when I try to boot in catalina I am going to look for the SSDT's that you have indicated in the previous message and I am going to try, the IOReg is saved with AWAC loaded, thanks again.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31.4 MB · Views: 95
  • IOReg WoodCabin.ioreg
    7.9 MB · Views: 53
  • SSDT-AWAC.aml
    73 bytes · Views: 72
  • SSDT-RTC0.aml
    172 bytes · Views: 76
  • Captura de pantalla 2020-08-04 a las 18.44.45.png
    Captura de pantalla 2020-08-04 a las 18.44.45.png
    539.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 69
In these minutes I have collected information from the system, I am in bios 3006 patched (from your Github repository) Mojave starts with AWAC and with RTC0, Catalina with none. I am using Clover, v5103, I feel like using OpenCore but configuring my system with OpenCore is too complicated for me, I want to do it, this holidays I want to dedicate time to OpenCore. I attach the EFI, IOReg and the two .aml that I use for the tests, I also attach a screenshot when I try to boot in catalina I am going to look for the SSDT's that you have indicated in the previous message and I am going to try, the IOReg is saved with AWAC loaded, thanks again.

Ah... you're using Clover. I'm not sure if that makes a difference. Will have to refer to someone else on clover to see if they can help.

Ok, I think I'm going to start taking time to learn OpenCore, thanks.

Ok, I think I'm going to start taking time to learn OpenCore, thanks.

Here are some helpful links:
Converting from Clover

and the first page in the Open Core support forum has my github.

@djlild7hina

Hi,
i have your same mobo, i9-7980XE, Radeon VII, Gigabyte Titan Ridge but with the modified bios 3101 i can't be stable due to some wrong bios setting which at every start forces me to press F1 for stability problems. With the same bios settings, however, i have no stability problems with the 2002 version.
You can publish your bios 3101 settings in detail?
Many thanks for support.

Last edited:
@djlild7hina

Hi,
i have your same mobo, i9-7980XE, Radeon VII, Gigabyte Titan Ridge but with the modified bios 3101 i can't be stable due to some wrong bios setting which at every start forces me to press F1 for stability problems. With the same bios settings, however, i have no stability problems with the 2002 version.
You can publish your bios 3101 settings in detail?
Many thanks for support.

BIOS 2002 might be the better BIOS to stick with until 3105 or whatever ASUS decides to release. But for my settings, clear CMOS and restore default settings. Pretty much same as in @kgp's guide.

Ai Tweaker
Ai Overclock Tuner: XMP
ASUS MultiCore Enhancement Auto
AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: Auto
AVX-512 Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: Auto
CPU SVID Support: Enabled

Advanced

CPU Configuration\CPU Power Management Configuration

Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology: Enabled
Turbo Mode: Enabled
Autonomous Core C-State: Enabled
Enhanced Halt State (C1E): Enabled