Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been able to start with Mojave (a little slow) but in Catalina the boot is blocked

so the MSR Lock is still bugged? In the new bios release for X299 Refresh things seem solved.

I have read that some ASUS boards have a new bios with MSR unlocked, my problem has been that I changed the processor, I had a 7900x with an asus x299 prime de luxe v1 with bios 2002, everything worked perfect, I have a hd samsung 960 Pro 1TB with 3 different operating systems (High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina) but the same EFI, always starting perfectly with everyone. When changing to the i9 10900x the problems began, on the asus website it indicates that the Asus Prime deluxe v1 with bios 2002 accepts these processors, but in practice, in my case, it is not, I was talking to @djlild7hina and he recommended the ssdt solution RTC0, AWAC, NOAWAC .. ufff none worked, so I opted for the patched bios version 3006, it worked in Mojave but in Catalina no, now I am with the bios 3105 version (web version) without patching, mojave starts a little more slow but the processor and graphics results are the highest, but in Catalina I cannot start, I have a mess ... I am attaching my EFI in case someone observes something strange, regards.
Edit: The serial numbers are deleted.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31.2 MB · Views: 67
@yapan4
After a few tests I figured out that my memory is working fine and the reason for that weird behaviour had to do with the particular hard drive I was trying to load from. This confuses me a bit, as that drive is working with 3000mb/s read and write according to my tests. Copying files from that drive towards my OS drive is lightning fast.

After a few more tries also with other disks it turned out that ExFat was making the trouble, whereas loading from AFFS to the RAM works very fast on all the drives.
Any idea how this could be?

Last edited:
@curry36
I don't have experience with ExFat fs, mine thinks about that:
-try disable Spotlight indexing for this disk
-review Get info for disk and files
-review Activity Monitor/Disks during read process
-use different Speed test utilities with different test algorithm

More radical methods
-try another one SSD with same connection type
-try another one SSD with another connection type
-full reset your software(remove all files: app, preferences, ceches, run daemons, etc and then reinstall applications)
-full reset you hackintosh(backup you files and reinstall macOS and you soft)

Sorry my english (Google translated)

Last edited:
so the MSR Lock is still bugged? In the new bios release for X299 Refresh things seem solved.
I don't know how to check the MSR lock, if they tell me how to do it I can check it in version 3105

I don't know how to check the MSR lock, if they tell me how to do it I can check it in version 3105
Try with / without XCPM quirks but new BIOS release is really... new! So the situation is evolving. Anyway, quirks should temporary bypass MSR in any case.

@WoodCabin also make sure it’s disabled in the BIOS. I believe it’s called msr lock but don’t remember. If it’s disabled in the bios, you shouldn’t need the xcpm quirks enabled if asus really did fix it.

@WoodCabin also make sure it’s disabled in the BIOS. I believe it’s called msr lock but don’t remember. If it’s disabled in the bios, you shouldn’t need the xcpm quirks enabled if asus really did fix it.

I'm pretty sure it's in Advanced / CPU Configuration and it's the last row called MSR Lock Control: Disable it.

Hello, the MSRlock is disabled in the Bios, I am currently testing three different EFIs with the Bios 2002, 3006 and 3105, at the moment I have tried in 2002 with all the EFIs and none start Catalina or Mojave, I am not using AWAC Or RTC0 because, as I have read, perhaps I am wrong, my motherboard does not need a clock change, the Prime Deluxe V2 does not. This afternoon I will test the 3006 and 3105 with the three EFI's. If I don't get results, I'll buy a compatible motherboard. For this processor (10900x). Is the Asus Prime Deluxe x299 v2 or the Asus SAGE / 10 better? Is there a configuration difference between the Asus SAGE and the SAGE 10? Is it only the Network at 10Gb / s? I have found a distributor in Spain who sells me a SAGE for € 398 (new)
Thanks again.

Hello, the MSRlock is disabled in the Bios, I am currently testing three different EFIs with the Bios 2002, 3006 and 3105, at the moment I have tried in 2002 with all the EFIs and none start Catalina or Mojave, I am not using AWAC Or RTC0 because, as I have read, perhaps I am wrong, my motherboard does not need a clock change, the Prime Deluxe V2 does not. This afternoon I will test the 3006 and 3105 with the three EFI's. If I don't get results, I'll buy a compatible motherboard. For this processor (10900x). Is the Asus Prime Deluxe x299 v2 or the Asus SAGE / 10 better? Is there a configuration difference between the Asus SAGE and the SAGE 10? Is it only the Network at 10Gb / s? I have found a distributor in Spain who sells me a SAGE for € 398 (new)
Thanks again.

Let's see if we can get it working before you buy a new motherboard. I believe 3006 and 3105 require a clock change. So it doesn't work on 3105 with SSDT-AWAC? Let's try SSDT-AWAC first on 3105. After we can mess with SSDT-RTC0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back