Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@curry36
Hmmm, an interesting problem... and I don't know how to solve it.

First at all - forget about AptioMemoryFix in Open Core's World. It's out of date, no longer updated, unsupported, and probably doesn't work at all with the latest releases. But AptioMemoryFix.efi still successfully used in Clover's World, so you can make Clover EFI(r5119, do not use r5120 because it's in beta state) for your hack and try as alternative and for comparison.

Then make sure this issue is not macOS version related, if you have Mojave and Catalina - please compare behaviour in both.

Then you can do full memory verification, use soft from links or similar one for make sure CPU - Memory subsystem work ok

I hope this will help in some way...

@yapan4 Thanks a lot. You helped me indeed. I was about to ask for some software to test my RAM on OSX because I couldn't find any. Will also try out Clover and Catalina and report back. :)

Hi.

It's been a while since I booted on 10.15 ; took a while to upgrade everything so it would boot again following a botched 10.15.5 upgrade.

I upgraded all the kext in my clover partition, however i now get a regular hang after about 10 minutes uptime. Total freeze.
I have the following kext installed.
ACPISensors.kext
LPCSensors.kext
AGPMEnabler.kext
Lilu.kext
FakeSMC.kext
SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
TSCAdjustReset.kext
AppleALC.kext
JYA-iMacPro-ASRock-X299PGXE-XHCI-15port.kext
CPUSensors.kext
VegaGraphicsFixup.kext
GPUSensors.kext

I haven't kept up to date with the requirements of the day, and didn't look into going into OpenCore. Not keen on climbing that steep route either.

I read that FakeSMC is now obsolete? However last I tried with VirtualSMC instead I had a black screen with my AMD 5700XT

Is there an up-to-date guide of what I could be missing?

Is there any known issue with a regular hang occurring with a particular version over another?

I had stability issues on windows and I had to reduce the speed of my RAM to 2800MHz ; but since doing so it has been rock-solid. The mac will hang even with the UEFI BIOS defaults. no OC nothing.

Thanks

Is anyone successfully using an LG 5K UltraFine display via a firmware patched Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 card on their X299 setup?

I tried flashing my Titan Ridge today, and it wouldn't power on the UltraFine display while I had the firmware flashed. TB header was hooked up properly, and it all works OK when the card is not flashed.

Hey guys! I just noticed my DRM doesn't work and shikigva=128 don't do the trick, anyone solved this?

should DRMs work with MacPro7,1 + Radeon VII + WEG?

Hey guys! I just noticed my DRM doesn't work and shikigva=128 don't do the trick, anyone solved this?

should DRMs work with MacPro7,1 + Radeon VII + WEG?

What browser?

DRM works ok on my end in Safari (Amazon Prime)....in Chrome it doesn't work though.

Hi.

It's been a while since I booted on 10.15 ; took a while to upgrade everything so it would boot again following a botched 10.15.5 upgrade.

I upgraded all the kext in my clover partition, however i now get a regular hang after about 10 minutes uptime. Total freeze.
I have the following kext installed.
ACPISensors.kext
LPCSensors.kext
AGPMEnabler.kext
Lilu.kext
FakeSMC.kext
SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
TSCAdjustReset.kext
AppleALC.kext
JYA-iMacPro-ASRock-X299PGXE-XHCI-15port.kext
CPUSensors.kext
VegaGraphicsFixup.kext
GPUSensors.kext

I haven't kept up to date with the requirements of the day, and didn't look into going into OpenCore. Not keen on climbing that steep route either.

I read that FakeSMC is now obsolete? However last I tried with VirtualSMC instead I had a black screen with my AMD 5700XT

Is there an up-to-date guide of what I could be missing?

Is there any known issue with a regular hang occurring with a particular version over another?

I had stability issues on windows and I had to reduce the speed of my RAM to 2800MHz ; but since doing so it has been rock-solid. The mac will hang even with the UEFI BIOS defaults. no OC nothing.

Thanks

Think with OpenCore VirtualSMC is the way to go but FakeSMC with Clover is fine. I'm not up to date with Clover but I believe Clover uses OpenCore quirks now. You'll need boot-flag "agdpmod=pikera" to fix the black screen issue with the 5700 XT.

Hope someone else still on Clover can chime in.

Hello, a new Bios version has been released for Asus Prime Deluxe I, 3105, does anyone know if the MSR is unlocked?

Hello, a new Bios version has been released for Asus Prime Deluxe I, 3105, does anyone know if the MSR is unlocked?
I have been able to start with Mojave (a little slow) but in Catalina the boot is blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back