Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAAAN that WORKED !!! I'm so happy right now, I was struggling for days with that error.. And even better, I'm running Mojave right now :D

Thank you so much!! What have you changed in the config.plist? I really want to understand what I did wrong.

Looks like the AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock was set to enabled in config.plist. Odd that the BIOS patch didn't work. Was it set to disabled in the BIOS?

Last edited:
I solved the problem. I've 2 disks with two EFI folders...one is boot disk and other is a clone ( I don't want to loose my work in case of a failure!) EFI folders are the same because I always update them when a new clover version is released.
I find the solution because in my config.plis in ACPI section - SortedOrder I didn't write SSDT-TB3.aml so the SSDT wasn't loaded. Now I wrote it in that sections I booted and in IOReg I see UPSB subsection, port 07 loaded correctly and hot swap now works!

I solved the problem. I've 2 disks with two EFI folders...one is boot disk and other is a clone ( I don't want to loose my work in case of a failure!) EFI folders are the same because I always update them when a new clover version is released.
I find the solution because in my config.plis in ACPI section - SortedOrder I didn't write SSDT-TB3.aml so the SSDT wasn't loaded. Now I wrote it in that sections I booted and in IOReg I see UPSB subsection, port 07 loaded correctly and hot swap now works!
shouldn't use a SortedOrder with hotpatch files

@curry36
Strange about Mojave, but ok...
@djlild7hina said right. Your bios patch don't work and kernel/quirks must be. So now you can flash untouched Asus bios and continue using Open Core with this config plist.

Added a note in my other two threads
NOTE: If you are having issues booting with patched BIOS, flash back to original BIOS and enable 'AppleCpuPmCfgLock' and 'AppleXcpmCfgLock' in the config.plist

Hopefully ASUS releases a new round of BIOS soon with the MSR lock fixed

@djlild7hina You mean MSR Lock in my BIOS? Yes it was disabled. I have used the following BIOS settings from DSM2s X299 guide (attached picture).
Also when I remember correctly the process I went through updating the firmware was this:
1) Update to 0603 (before I knew I had to patch)
2) Patch 0603 and then update from 0603 to patched 0603 (that took only a few seconds where as the previous patch from 05xx to 0603 unpatched took me several minutes..)
So maybe the second update just didn't went through correctly? Even if all my BIOS setting were reseted after the procedure. Guess I should have flashed manually instead of using the Update function of my BIOS.

@yapan4 I see. Thanks again for figuring this out for me, this really made my life easier. Also I'm impressed how almost everything besides Thunderbolt, Wake and Fan control seems to be working right out of the box. I'll try to fix these issues now :)

Attachments

• BIOS settings.png
    BIOS settings.png
    319.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
@djlild7hina You mean MSR Lock in my BIOS? Yes it was disabled. I have used the following BIOS settings from DSM2s X299 guide (attached picture).
Also when I remember correctly the process I went through updating the firmware was this:
1) Update to 0603 (before I knew I had to patch)
2) Patch 0603 and then update from 0603 to patched 0603 (that took only a few seconds where as the previous patch from 05xx to 0603 unpatched took me several minutes..)
So maybe the second update just didn't went through correctly? Even if all my BIOS setting were reseted after the procedure. Guess I should have flashed manually instead of using the Update function of my BIOS.

@yapan4 I see. Thanks again for figuring this out for me, this really made my life easier. Also I'm impressed how almost everything besides Thunderbolt, Wake and Fan control seems to be working right out of the box. I'll try to fix these issues now :)

Could be possible flash didn't go through correct. You used Bios Flashback right?

@curry36
You BIOS settings are OK. Just all Asus Cascade Lake bioses for X299 and C422 have troubles with MSR lock control.
You can try new bios 0702, released today...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back