Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a short question regarding the difference between the X299 A II and the X299 Deluxe II boards.

On the following site it's stated, that the A II has only 1 memory channel vs 4 channels for the Deluxe II. However I cannot find this information on the ASUS website. Is this true?

The first link also states that both boards support only 128GB of RAM, where ASUS itself claims that they support 256GB. So maybe that website is just crawling wrong information?

Also is there any considerable reason why I should prefer the Deluxe II over the A II, other than having more PCI slots, WiFi etc.?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Your first link is comparing the X99 boards not X299. The deluxe board has more bells and whistles built in like you stated so it's up to you.

The PCIe layout looks the same but the deluxe has some nice additions like built in Wifi/BT, OLED screen, and Thunderbolt 3 built in. However, the built in Wifi/BT is not compatible with macOS (unless you use the beta intel drivers). You could replace the built in card with a compatible one though.

Your first link is comparing the X99 boards not X299. The deluxe board has more bells and whistles built in like you stated so it's up to you.

The PCIe layout looks the same but the deluxe has some nice additions like built in Wifi/BT, OLED screen, and Thunderbolt 3 built in. However, the built in Wifi/BT is not compatible with macOS (unless you use the beta intel drivers). You could replace the built in card with a compatible one though.

Oh.. what a stupid mistake, sorry for that.

And thank you for making clear the differences between those boards. I won't bother with internal TB3 and WiFi, I'll go with PCI cards for both of these.

Oh.. what a stupid mistake, sorry for that.

And thank you for making clear the differences between those boards. I won't bother with internal TB3 and WiFi, I'll go with PCI cards for both of these.

in my experience TB3 is far better when its built in especially on the ASUS boards, TB in general is kind of a finicky B%#$ lol

Hi,

I talked with Bjango company for supporting new Mac Pro and they sent a new version via mail. (Istat Menus 6.41)
Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 13.57.47.png

It seems to work fine on Mac Pro 7,1
Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 13.59.58.png

Here is the link;

Is it possible to run an nvidia card on the x299 deluxe in windows and have an ssdt disable that port under macOS so we can run a Radeon GPU?

Hi,

I am trying to install 10.14.6 with Clover but find myself getting stuck with End RandomSeed no matter what I try.
I've got 4x32GB Ram sticks and tried all the possible solutions I could find, but nothing seems to work for me. (Tried different speeds, lower size 4x16GB, 8x16GB, also downloaded the AptioMemoryFix.efi)..

Any ideas? :/

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 54
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-07-19 at 21.06.44.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-19 at 21.06.44.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 40
Hi,

I am trying to install 10.14.6 with Clover but find myself getting stuck with End RandomSeed no matter what I try.
I've got 4x32GB Ram sticks and tried all the possible solutions I could find, but nothing seems to work for me. (Tried different speeds, lower size 4x16GB, 8x16GB, also downloaded the AptioMemoryFix.efi)..

Any ideas? :/

Did you flash your BIOS with UEFITool? Above 4G Encoding enabled in BIOS? I saw that you have the SSDT-AWAC.aml so that's good. I'm not familiar with clover anymore but have you tried OpenCore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back