Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget sleep on any Hackintosh. Just enjoy it.

haha thanks. I’m thinking it may be part of a bigger problem. Like a timing issue because I am getting audio crackles with my Apogee and audio over DisplayPort. I tried both the AWAC and the RC0 aml. Tried also changing the layout of the applealc.

I have working sleep :headbang::lol:

Probably partially. :mrgreen:

haha thanks. I’m thinking it may be part of a bigger problem. Like a timing issue because I am getting audio crackles with my Apogee and audio over DisplayPort. I tried both the AWAC and the RC0 aml. Tried also changing the layout of the applealc.

I used to have crackling audio issues on DP. Moved to a Radeon VII and all problems went away.

Probably partially. :mrgreen:

I used to have crackling audio issues on DP. Moved to a Radeon VII and all problems went away.

But Im with Radeon VII and problems happens jajaja

Nothing Guys, any idea?

so you have also audio problems like me in my video??

Sounds the same, but I don't need to scroll or do anything. Just open a youtube video, or open a video on VLC, INNA... same glith, and if I don'ts switch in MIDI Audio Settings, sometimes the audio just gone completly. Try to change the ports... I don't have more idea.

So I got some new hardware and would like to do another hack, but where do i start? KGP's old guide is outdated and this thread while having tons of information in it never really generated its own guide to continue on from where KGP left off and I am sorry but if anyone thinks it is ok to just say "Read the Thread" there are TWO HUNDRED THIRTY FIVE pages, thats to much for one person to go through and cherry pick information that may or may not pertain to them.

new hardware in signature

So I got some new hardware and would like to do another hack, but where do i start? KGP's old guide is outdated and this thread while having tons of information in it never really generated its own guide to continue on from where KGP left off and I am sorry but if anyone thinks it is ok to just say "Read the Thread" there are TWO HUNDRED THIRTY FIVE pages, thats to much for one person to go through and cherry pick information that may or may not pertain to them.

new hardware in signature

Id recommend jumping to OpenCore. Refer to post 1

@PhantomHelix, I looked at your sig and I would recommend installing windows first then removing that ssd and installing macOS on the second one. Might be easier to remove the 1080 too. (We can disable that in macOS later). Also make sure to patch your BIOS and add SSDT-RTC0. Everything is outlined in post 1 of the OpenCore thread and the BASE-EFI is a good starting point. Any questions feel free to ask good luck!

I heard this was an issue with the deluxe boards. The sage doesn’t have this issue. Might need to search back in kgps thread

I have a short question regarding the difference between the X299 A II and the X299 Deluxe II boards.

On the following site it's stated, that the A II has only 1 memory channel vs 4 channels for the Deluxe II. However I cannot find this information on the ASUS website. Is this true?

The first link also states that both boards support only 128GB of RAM, where ASUS itself claims that they support 256GB. So maybe that website is just crawling wrong information?

Also is there any considerable reason why I should prefer the Deluxe II over the A II, other than having more PCI slots, WiFi etc.?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back