Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refer to the Dortonia OpenCore guide and create a Serial Number using GenSMBIOS.

The guide suggests to just use Generic and Automatic but the processor doesn't properly show in 'About This Mac' so that's why in the config.plist there are additional things to fill out.

When you say it appeared to boot, did you see the OpenCore GUI selection and could you pick install macOS? Which version of Catalina are you trying to install?

I just made this boot disk using the open core instructions, so I believe it is 10.15.5. Yes, I was able to select the "install mac os Catalina" in the GUI, then it wen't through the whole boot process, looked like it was going to work but then did not get to the installer GUI....

Once I generate a serial number, I am assuming it gets put into the config.plist file, is that correct? What, out of curiosity, do you use to edit your plist file? Thanks!

I just made this boot disk using the open core instructions, so I believe it is 10.15.5. Yes, I was able to select the "install mac os Catalina" in the GUI, then it wen't through the whole boot process, looked like it was going to work but then did not get to the installer GUI....

Sorry, just realized I had a typo on the boot args. Under config.plist->NVRAM->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82->boot-args it should be 'agdpmod=pikera' not 'agpmod=pikera' (was rushing a bit :lol:). Here's a fixed config.plist. That should fix the black screen issue with the 5700xt

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Refer to the Dortonia OpenCore guide and create a Serial Number using GenSMBIOS.

The guide suggests to just use Generic and Automatic but the processor doesn't properly show in 'About This Mac' so that's why in the config.plist there are additional things to fill out.

When you say it appeared to boot, did you see the OpenCore GUI selection and could you pick install macOS? Which version of Catalina are you trying to install?

Thanks! Let me try this....

Thanks! Let me try this....

Newb/rookie question here: I have used UniBeast/MultiBeast in the past and everything had just worked out. This time I want to dual boot with Windows 10. Is there still a preference on which should be installed first? I currently have Windows 10 on the NvME drive, and want to put Catalina on an SSD. Where / how would I install the boot loader?

Newb/rookie question here: I have used UniBeast/MultiBeast in the past and everything had just worked out. This time I want to dual boot with Windows 10. Is there still a preference on which should be installed first? I currently have Windows 10 on the NvME drive, and want to put Catalina on an SSD. Where / how would I install the boot loader?

We aren't using UniBeast/MultiBeast with this method. You have to mount your EFI partition and copy the efi folder there. Everything stays in the EFI partition on the mac drive. The best way to install is to install windows and mac on separate drives. Install windows first then install mac on the separate drive with the windows drive unplugged/disabled.

Also, please fill out your computer specs on your profile.

We aren't using Unibeast/Multibeast with this method. You have to mount your EFI partition and copy the efi folder there. Everything stays in the EFI partition on the mac drive. The best way to install is to install windows and mac on separate drives. Install windows first then install mac on the separate drive with the windows drive unplugged/disabled.

Also, please fill out your computer specs on your profile.

THANK YOU AGAIN! so just replace the current EFI folder in the boot up Mac disk, with the EFI folder you and I have built, then choose that disk in the BIOS as the boot disk, and that will give me the proper boot loader to see windows or Mac? Is that correct?

By the way, I am in Catalina! I haven't rebooted yet because I am awaiting the answer to the question above, but again, thanks for your help!

THANK YOU AGAIN! so just replace the current EFI folder in the boot up Mac disk, with the EFI folder you and I have built, then choose that disk in the BIOS as the boot disk, and that will give me the proper boot loader to see windows or Mac? Is that correct?

By the way, I am in Catalina! I haven't rebooted yet because I am awaiting the answer to the question above, but again, thanks for your help!

Yep that's right! glad you're in!

Yep that's right! glad you're in!

Imessage is not working. is there something else I need to do to the config.plist? I stll have to get a serial number... what tool do you use to edit the config.plist with?

Also, I do have installed a ThunderboltEX3 Asus card, and I can't seem to see it in Windows or in Mac.... I installed the drivers in Windows, but not sure where in Device manager I would see it. Do I need a different Thunderbolt 3 card?

Imessage is not working. is there something else I need to do to the config.plist? I stll have to get a serial number... what tool do you use to edit the config.plist with?

You need to input the serial number and UUID referenced here:

you can use ProperTree to edit your config file. Xcode is an alternative but I recommend ProperTree

You need to input the serial number and UUID referenced here:

you can use ProperTree to edit your config file. Xcode is an alternative but I recommend ProperTree

Does GenSMbios have to be run on the hackintosh?
You need SSDT-AWAC.aml on patched firmware as mentioned in my github. Also make sure to enable 4G Encoding in the BIOS and disable CSM. You didn't have a usb kext so I temporarily enabled the xchi port limit with USBInjectAll. I highly recommend you make your own usb kext as mentioned in the Dortania OpenCore guide.

I've updated the EFI with the following changes:
1. Added SSDT-AWAC.aml
2. Changed TSCAdjustReset.kext to '15' instead of '31' (7820x has 16 threads)
3. Added bootflag agpdmod=pikera for 5700XT
4. Enabled XchiPortLimit under Kernel->Quirks
5. Added USBInject.kext
6. Added Ethernet kexts (IntelMausiEthernet.kext and SmallTree-Intel-211VA-PCIe-GBE.kext)

Remember to create a MacPro7,1 serial number and input the info in the PlatformInfo section.

I am not sure what to put at this point in GenSMBIOS:

" Please type the SMBIOS to gen and the number of times to generate [max20] (i.e. iMac18,3 5):"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back