Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are report of failure running the 10900X, for example.
Someone running other CPUs on the same mobo and, obviously after updating the bios, the 10900X doesn't work. It's in the ASRock Creator thread.

I'm running a 10980xe on a Prime Deluxe II with an updated bios for Cascade Lake X with no issues. The revised 48 pcie lane X299 and X299X boards are the one's that are super finicky.

@sage 10G owners...anyone did the latest BIOS update 0301?

@sage 10G owners...anyone did the latest BIOS update 0301?

I'm on a WS SAGE and I think you meant 3101? From my experience, on my R6 Apex, its latest BIOS broke the MsrE2 unlock (it simply stopped doing anything, regardless of enabled/disabled status) and that firmware. It was version 3006 on the R6A and the release notes are eerly similar. I'm afraid they screwed up the same thing on the SAGE so I'm waiting for others to take a look first as I'm super busy these last few weeks…

I'm on a WS SAGE and I think you meant 3101? From my experience, on my R6 Apex, its latest BIOS broke the MsrE2 unlock (it simply stopped doing anything, regardless of enabled/disabled status) and that firmware. It was version 3006 on the R6A and the release notes are eerly similar. I'm afraid they screwed up the same thing on the SAGE so I'm waiting for others to take a look first as I'm super busy these last few weeks…

The latest asus firmwares require patching and SSDT-AWAC.

The latest asus firmwares require patching and SSDT-AWAC.

What does "patching" mean? :eek: Also: is this the new "standard" for Asus BIOS or was it a mistake? Because the MsrE2 unlock option is still in the BIOS but just seems to be broken ATM… :eek:

What does "patching" mean? :eek: Also: is this the new "standard" for Asus BIOS or was it a mistake? Because the MsrE2 unlock option is still in the BIOS but just seems to be broken ATM… :eek:

Check my updated post. I'm not sure if it's a new "standard" but it seems broken in the latest round of BIOS releases.

Thank you everyone. Special thanks to @S1lla.
I changed to Prime Deluxe and the system was built. Wi-Fi has not arrived yet, so we will install it later.
It works almost comfortably, but I can't wake up from Apple Remote Desktop. I'm using Intel I219 V2.

Attachments

• 2020-05-08 3.01.13.png
    2020-05-08 3.01.13.png
    281.4 KB · Views: 52
Thank you everyone. Special thanks to @S1lla.
I changed to Prime Deluxe and the system was built. Wi-Fi has not arrived yet, so we will install it later.
It works almost comfortably, but I can't wake up from Apple Remote Desktop. I'm using Intel I219 V2.
Did you overclock? If yes, what CPU frequency?

Attachments

• IMG_0269.jpg
    IMG_0269.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 58
  • auto.png
    auto.png
    284.4 KB · Views: 76
CPU frequency is Auto except Sync all cores.
All the scores of Auto are attached.
Your bios settings are not very clear. You say you set everything to auto, but the cpu multiplier is set to 41x.
The AVX and AVX 512 instructions are modified when the CPU is overclocked and they are also set in an inverted way.

I was wondering why I was initially interested in this CPU, but in my country it is sold at almost double the price at the moment.
I temporarily retreated to a 7920x which currently makes about 1250 SC and 13500 MC on geekbenck 5 with OC (about 54000 MC in geekbench 4), and I wanted to understand if a 10940x was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back